Subject: [Acme] Wildcard Certificate for ACME protocol / Letsencrypt project?

From: "Fabio Pietrosanti (naif) - lists" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 17 Jan 2015 11:54:02 +0100

Hi,

are there plan or has been already been defined specs to manage wildcard
certificates (ie: *.domain.TLD) with ACME protocol and Letsencrypt CA
project?

I ask this because at Tor2web project [1][2][3] we use Wildcard
certificates to enable internet access to Tor's Hidden Services
resources (and soon i2p too).

One of the problem in making Tor2web network to grow up in numbers is
related to the "costs" of wildcard certificates.

With the upcoming Letsencrypt free-automated-CA-revolution, this could
change the economic effort required to startup and run a Tor2web node by
a volounteer.

But to do that, it would be required to issue wildcard certificate
within the automated CA of letsencrypt.

If it will be possible to have Wildcard certificate, we could automate
the issuing/setup process within Tor2web software, making it extremely
easy and cost effective to set it up.

[1] http://logioshermes.org/home/projects-technologies/tor2web/
[2] https://tor2web.org
[3] https://github.com/globaleaks/Tor2web-3.0/wiki

-- 
Fabio Pietrosanti (naif)
HERMES - Center for Transparency and Digital Human Rights
http://logioshermes.org - https://globaleaks.org - https://tor2web.org -
https://ahmia.fi