Subject: [Acme] Missing structure and unspecified parts in "Account Creation"

From: Sophie Herold <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 Feb 2017 16:17:18 +0100

1.
  I cannot find where the response to account updates is specified.

  Boulder replies with "202 Accepted" and an account object. Since
  updates with trivial payload should be used for account information,
  it seems to be expected that an account object is returned. The
  specified response status for "Account deactivation" is "200 OK".
  It would be consistent to specify the same response status for
  account updates I guess?

2.
  The client should be able to choose between "Account URI recovery"
  and "Account Creation", if needed. A possible way would be to clarify
  that account creations with trivial payload MUST be rejected. However,
  if an account exists, the "Content-Location" header and "200 OK" is
  returned, independent of the payloads content. Therefore a trivial
  payload could be used to check if an account with the used key exists,
  without creating it.

3.
  As "6.3.4.  Account deactivation", other queries should get their own
  sub-sub sections. Something like
   - "6.3.x Account URI recovery" ("new-account", maybe trivial payload)
   - "6.3.x Account update"
   - "6.3.x Account information" (update with trivial payload)

4.
  Is it really an account URI or rather an account URL? Some fields
  changed from "uri" to "url". I guess, all occurrences of URIs should
  be URLs. The only exception that I see is the "type" field in the
  "Problem Details" responses.