Subject: [Acme] I-D Action: draft-ietf-acme-caa-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 04 Feb 2017 04:46:50 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Automated Certificate Management Environment of the IETF.

        Title           : CAA Record Extensions for Account URI and ACME Method Binding
        Author          : Hugo Landau
	Filename        : draft-ietf-acme-caa-01.txt
	Pages           : 9
	Date            : 2017-02-04

Abstract:
   The CAA DNS record allows a domain to communicate issuance policy to
   CAs, but only allows a domain to define policy with CA-level
   granularity.  However, the CAA specification also provides facilities
   for extension to admit more granular, CA-specific policy.  This
   specification defines two such parameters, one allowing specific
   accounts of a CA to be identified by URI and one allowing specific
   methods of domain control validation as defined by the ACME protocol
   to be required.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-acme-caa/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-acme-caa-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-acme-caa-01

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: Hugo Landau <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 4 Feb 2017 12:49:57 +0000

This updates the ACME-CAA draft to clarify that the specification
inherits all security considerations from the CAA specification, and
provides no security against CAs not implementing CAA. As far as I'm
aware, this was the only comment made with regard to the previous
version.

It also switches from “registration” to “account” to correspond with the
terminology change in the current ACME draft.

Hugo Landau