Subject: [Acme] Removing public-key echo in account objects

From: Jacob Hoffman-Andrews <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 18 Feb 2017 11:07:33 -0800

Right now, account objects echo back the public key associated with the
account, in the "key" field. However, this is redundant since the only
request types that can return an account object are signed by the
corresponding private key, so the client necessarily knows what its
public key is. Removing this simplifies the spec somewhat.

https://github.com/ietf-wg-acme/acme/pull/266

Thoughts?

---

From: Daniel McCarney <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Feb 2017 09:52:53 -0500

I haven't been able to think of a reason to keep it since you posted.

+1 to removing it.

Anyone else waiting in the silence with an opinion? :-)

On Sat, Feb 18, 2017 at 2:07 PM, Jacob Hoffman-Andrews <[email-masked]> wrote:

> _______________________________________________
> Acme mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/acme
>