Subject: Re: [Acme] Futures

From: "Fossati, Thomas (Nokia - GB/Cambridge, UK)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 22 Apr 2017 20:44:13 +0000

Hi Rich,

On 21/04/2017 19:01, "Acme on behalf of Salz, Rich" <[email-masked] on behalf of [email-masked]> wrote:
> Does anyone have any new work items that would be ready to discuss in July? 
> Any rechartering discussion that looks promising?  If so, please post to the
> mailing list soon.

We have recently published [1] and started implementing it.

The plan is to get the code running ASAP (surely before Prague) and, if the
experiment is satisfactory, ask for adoption.

Cheers, t

[1] https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-sheffer-acme-star-00

---

From: "Salz, Rich" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 Apr 2017 18:14:52 +0000

> [1] https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-sheffer-acme-star-00

Since the https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-rescorla-tls-subcerts is being taken up in TLS, it might make sense for this draft to go there, too.  But we can see.

---

From: "Fossati, Thomas (Nokia - GB/Cambridge, UK)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2017 21:10:44 +0000

Hi Rich,

> On 25/04/2017 19:14, "Salz, Rich" <[email-masked]> wrote:
> Since the https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-rescorla-tls-subcerts
> is being taken up in TLS, it might make sense for this draft to go there,
> too.  But we can see.

I'm not sure that would be a feasible solution: the most obvious reason being
it'd require an extreme charter-stretching exercise.  Besides, STAR includes an
extension of ACME, thus the ACME WG looks to me like the obvious place where to
host this work.

Cheers, t

---

From: "Salz, Rich" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2017 21:12:18 +0000

> it'd require an extreme charter-stretching exercise.  Besides, STAR includes
> an extension of ACME, thus the ACME WG looks to me like the obvious place
> where to host this work.

That's fine.

I'm just asking because we seem to have several similar kinds of things popping up in various places and I want to make sure all interested parties are aware of all of them. :)