Subject: [Acme] Last Call: <draft-ietf-acme-acme-10.txt> (Automatic Certificate Management Environment (ACME)) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2018 08:48:01 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Automated Certificate Management
Environment WG (acme) to consider the following document: - 'Automatic
Certificate Management Environment (ACME)'
  <draft-ietf-acme-acme-10.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits final
comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2018-04-18. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the beginning of
the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   Certificates in PKI using X.509 (PKIX) are used for a number of
   purposes, the most significant of which is the authentication of
   domain names.  Thus, certificate authorities in the Web PKI are
   trusted to verify that an applicant for a certificate legitimately
   represents the domain name(s) in the certificate.  Today, this
   verification is done through a collection of ad hoc mechanisms.  This
   document describes a protocol that a certification authority (CA) and
   an applicant can use to automate the process of verification and
   certificate issuance.  The protocol also provides facilities for
   other certificate management functions, such as certificate
   revocation.

   RFC EDITOR: PLEASE REMOVE THE FOLLOWING PARAGRAPH: The source for
   this draft is maintained in GitHub.  Suggested changes should be
   submitted as pull requests at https://github.com/ietf-wg-acme/acme
   [1].  Instructions are on that page as well.  Editorial changes can
   be managed in GitHub, but any substantive change should be discussed
   on the ACME mailing list ([email-masked]).

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-acme-acme/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-acme-acme/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.

Last call has been extended an additional 2 weeks due to last call being issued during an IETF meeting.