Subject: [Acme] Fwd: I-D Action: draft-barnes-acme-token-challenge-02.txt

From: Mary Barnes <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 5 Mar 2018 16:32:48 -0600

Hi all,

This update is just to fix some overt cut and past errors as I
inadvertently left references to Service provider code when I was splitting
the generic functionality.     Please ignore the -01 as I introduced other
errors in fixing those errors.

It's important to note that this document does not and isn't intended to
reflect the joint proposal that Jon and I had the action to produce based
on previous contributions.  That joint proposal will be posted today.

I have no intention of asking the work group to progress or consider this
document at this juncture, I'm just being pedantic and not wanting a draft
to be out there with those errors, in case someone wanted to compare what I
previously proposed to the joint proposal to be submitted as
draft-peterson-acme-authority-token

Regards,
Mary.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, Mar 5, 2018 at 4:29 PM
Subject: I-D Action: draft-barnes-acme-token-challenge-02.txt
To: [email-masked]

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
directories.

        Title           : ACME Token Identifier and Challenges
        Author          : Mary Barnes
        Filename        : draft-barnes-acme-token-challenge-02.txt
        Pages           : 10
        Date            : 2018-03-05

Abstract:
   This document specifies an identifier and challenge type required to
   enable the Automated Certificate Management Environment (ACME) to
   issue certificates using a token for the challenge response.  This
   token is issued by a administrative authority with whom the
   Certification Authority (CA) has a trust relationship.  The entity
   requesting a certificate also has a relationship with the
   administrative authority, such that the administrative authority
   assigns a unique code to the entity.  This entity code is included as
   part of the token that the administrative authority issues.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-barnes-acme-token-challenge/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-barnes-acme-token-challenge-02
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-barnes-acme-token-challenge-02

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-barnes-acme-token-challenge-02

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
Internet-Draft
<https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announceInternet-Draft>
directories: http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

---

From: "Peterson, Jon" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 6 Mar 2018 00:01:24 +0000

... and the joint draft Mary was referring to is this:

https://www.ietf.org/id/draft-peterson-acme-authority-token-01.txt

... which provides a generic framework for acquiring an authority token as
a response to ACME challenges. The specific identifier types for the
telephone number and service provider codes we've been exploring can be
found in this draft:

https://www.ietf.org/id/draft-wendt-acme-authority-token-tnauthlist-00.txt

Jon Peterson
Neustar, Inc.

----

From:  Acme <[email-masked]> on behalf of Mary Barnes
<[email-masked]>
Date:  Monday, March 5, 2018 at 2:32 PM
To:  ACME WG <[email-masked]>
Subject: [Acme] Fwd: I-D Action: draft-barnes-acme-token-challenge-02.txt

>Hi
> all,
>inadvertently left references to Service provider code when I was
>splitting the generic functionality.     Please ignore the -01 as I
>introduced other errors in fixing those errors.
>
>document at this juncture, I'm just being pedantic and not wanting a
>draft to be out there with those errors, in case someone wanted to
>compare what I previously proposed to the joint
> proposal to be submitted as draft-peterson-acme-authority-token
>
>Regards,
>Mary. 
>
>until the htmlized version and diff are available at
>tools.ietf.org <http://tools.ietf.org>.
>
>directories: 
>http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html <http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html>
>or 
>ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt
><ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt>
>