Subject: [Acme] Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-ietf-acme-star-03.txt

From: Yaron Sheffer <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 4 Mar 2018 07:01:25 +0200

This new version of the draft adds a discussion of time skew in practice 
and what it implies for the validity term of short-term certificates, as 
well as the considerations related to the Certificate Transparency (CT) 
infrastructure.

Thanks,
	Yaron

-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject: New Version Notification for draft-ietf-acme-star-03.txt
Date: Sat, 03 Mar 2018 12:29:30 -0800
From: [email-masked]
To: Oscar Gonzalez de Dios <[email-masked]>, Yaron 
Sheffer <[email-masked]>, Thomas Fossati 
<[email-masked]>, Oscar de Dios 
<[email-masked]>, Diego Lopez 
<[email-masked]>, Antonio Agustin Pastor Perales 
<[email-masked]>, Antonio Pastor 
<[email-masked]>

A new version of I-D, draft-ietf-acme-star-03.txt
has been successfully submitted by Yaron Sheffer and posted to the
IETF repository.

Name:		draft-ietf-acme-star
Revision:	03
Title:		Support for Short-Term, Automatically-Renewed (STAR) 
Certificates in Automated Certificate Management Environment (ACME)
Document date:	2018-03-03
Group:		acme
Pages:		20
URL: 
https://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-acme-star-03.txt
Status:         https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-acme-star/
Htmlized:       https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-acme-star-03
Htmlized: 
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-acme-star-03
Diff:           https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-acme-star-03

Abstract:
    Public-key certificates need to be revoked when they are compromised,
    that is, when the associated private key is exposed to an attacker.
    However the revocation process is often unreliable.  An alternative
    to revocation is issuing a sequence of certificates, each with a
    short validity period, and terminating this sequence upon compromise.
    This memo proposes an ACME extension to enable the issuance of short-
    term and automatically renewed (STAR) certificates.

    [RFC Editor: please remove before publication]

    While the draft is being developed, the editor's version can be found
    at https://github.com/yaronf/I-D/tree/master/STAR.

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

The IETF Secretariat