Subject: [Acme] Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-sheffer-acme-star-delegation-01.txt

From: Yaron Sheffer <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2018 22:43:57 +0200

We submitted a new version of this document, the second one we discussed 
in Bangkok. The only change is the addition of a Security Considerations 
section that explains how the CDN can be prevented from issuing 
certificates for the delegated domain.

Thanks,
	Yaron

-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject: New Version Notification for 
draft-sheffer-acme-star-delegation-01.txt
Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2018 12:39:45 -0800
From: [email-masked]
To: Yaron Sheffer <[email-masked]>, Thomas Fossati 
<[email-masked]>, Antonio Agustin Pastor Perales 
<[email-masked]>, Antonio Pastor 
<[email-masked]>, Diego Lopez 
<[email-masked]>

A new version of I-D, draft-sheffer-acme-star-delegation-01.txt
has been successfully submitted by Yaron Sheffer and posted to the
IETF repository.

Name:		draft-sheffer-acme-star-delegation
Revision:	01
Title:		An ACME Profile for Generating Delegated STAR Certificates
Document date:	2018-11-13
Group:		Individual Submission
Pages:		13
URL: 
https://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-sheffer-acme-star-delegation-01.txt
Status: 
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-sheffer-acme-star-delegation/
Htmlized: 
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-sheffer-acme-star-delegation-01
Htmlized: 
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-sheffer-acme-star-delegation
Diff: 
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-sheffer-acme-star-delegation-01

Abstract:
    This memo proposes a profile of the ACME protocol that allows the
    owner of an identifier (e.g., a domain name) to delegate to a third
    party access to a certificate associated with said identifier.  A
    primary use case is that of a CDN (the third party) terminating TLS
    sessions on behalf of a content provider (the owner of a domain
    name).  The presented mechanism allows the owner of the identifier to
    retain control over the delegation and revoke it at any time by
    cancelling the associated STAR certificate renewal with the ACME CA.
    Another key property of this mechanism is it does not require any
    modification to the deployed TLS ecosystem.

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

The IETF Secretariat