Subject: [Acme] I-D Action: draft-ietf-acme-acme-18.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2018 07:34:34 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Automated Certificate Management Environment WG of the IETF.

        Title           : Automatic Certificate Management Environment (ACME)
        Authors         : Richard Barnes
                          Jacob Hoffman-Andrews
                          Daniel McCarney
                          James Kasten
	Filename        : draft-ietf-acme-acme-18.txt
	Pages           : 92
	Date            : 2018-12-20

Abstract:
   Public Key Infrastructure X.509 (PKIX) certificates are used for a
   number of purposes, the most significant of which is the
   authentication of domain names.  Thus, certification authorities
   (CAs) in the Web PKI are trusted to verify that an applicant for a
   certificate legitimately represents the domain name(s) in the
   certificate.  Today, this verification is done through a collection
   of ad hoc mechanisms.  This document describes a protocol that a CA
   and an applicant can use to automate the process of verification and
   certificate issuance.  The protocol also provides facilities for
   other certificate management functions, such as certificate
   revocation.

   RFC EDITOR: PLEASE REMOVE THE FOLLOWING PARAGRAPH: The source for
   this draft is maintained in GitHub.  Suggested changes should be
   submitted as pull requests at https://github.com/ietf-wg-acme/acme
   [1].  Instructions are on that page as well.  Editorial changes can
   be managed in GitHub, but any substantive change should be discussed
   on the ACME mailing list ([email-masked]).

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-acme-acme/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-acme-acme-18
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-acme-acme-18

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-acme-acme-18

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/