Subject: [Add] Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-reddy-add-server-policy-selection-01.txt

From: tirumal reddy <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 10 Apr 2020 12:08:46 +0530

Hi all,

We prepared an updated version of
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-reddy-add-server-policy-selection-01 to
highlight how a DNS client can cryptographically identify it is connecting
to a DoT/DoH server hosted by a specific organization (e.g., ISP). It is
particularly useful when the DoH/DoT server is insecurely discovered and
prevents the client from connecting to a attackers server.

As a reminder, it also defines a mechanism for a DNS server to communicate
its filtering policy and privacy statement URL to DNS clients. This
information is cryptographically signed to attest its authenticity.

Cheers,
-Tiru

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 10 Apr 2020 at 11:26
Subject: New Version Notification for
draft-reddy-add-server-policy-selection-01.txt
To: Dan Wing <[email-masked]>, Tirumaleswar Reddy.K <
[email-masked]>, Michael C. Richardson <[email-masked]>, Mohamed
Boucadair <[email-masked]>

A new version of I-D, draft-reddy-add-server-policy-selection-01.txt
has been successfully submitted by Tirumaleswar Reddy and posted to the
IETF repository.

Name:           draft-reddy-add-server-policy-selection
Revision:       01
Title:          DNS Server Selection: DNS Server Information with Assertion
Token
Document date:  2020-04-09
Group:          Individual Submission
Pages:          23
URL:
https://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-reddy-add-server-policy-selection-01.txt
Status:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-reddy-add-server-policy-selection/
Htmlized:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-reddy-add-server-policy-selection-01
Htmlized:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-reddy-add-server-policy-selection
Diff:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-reddy-add-server-policy-selection-01

Abstract:
   The document defines a mechanism that allows communication of DNS
   resolver information to DNS clients for use in selection decisions.
   In particular, the document defines a mechanism for a DNS server to
   communicate its filtering policy and privacy statement URL to DNS
   clients.  This information is cryptographically signed to attest its
   authenticity.  Such information is used for the selection of DNS
   resolvers.  Typically, evaluating the DNS privacy statement,
   filtering policy, and the signatory, DNS clients with minimum human
   intervention can select the DNS server that best supports the user's
   desired privacy and filtering policy.

   This assertion is useful for DNS-over-TLS and DNS-over-HTTPS servers
   that are either public resolvers or are discovered in a local
   network.

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

The IETF Secretariat