Subject: Re: [addr-select-dt] Question from Hui

From: Arifumi Matsumoto <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Mar 2009 19:42:07 +0900

Hi, Hui.

Let me add addr-select-dt ml and bob to the Cc list.

On 2009/03/09, at 22:47, Hui Deng wrote:

> Hi, Matsumoto-san
>
> I saw you are the most active people in RFC 3484 update design team.
> and asked several questions in the mif mailing list as well.
>
> May I know your advice that do you have any idea how to proceed mif's
> work and 3484 design team. Or 3484 team would like to work with MIF
> together by extending some futher work?

We've just talked about this scope issue.
Though we have not yet reached consensus, Tim proposed a split
based on the background motivation, and I agreed on that.

mif seems focus on mobile nodes with multiple interfaces case.
dt focus more on the site/enterprise perspective.

Though we will need similar tools and have similar demands
for RFC 3484 revision, IMO we can work separately in the beginning,
and after the approaches are fixed in both groups, we should share
the outputs and possibly merge the resulting protocols.

Regards,

--
Arifumi Matsumoto
   Secure Communication Project
   NTT Information Sharing Platform Laboratories
   E-mail: [email-masked]

---

From: Hui Deng <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Mar 2009 19:31:04 +0800

Thanks Arifumi bring this into addr-select-dt ml, dear members of design team,
We would like to hear your comments on this, if you also think as
Arifumi state below.
then MIF will work out one page to clarify the difference between us
during the bof,
and will also mention there are possibile opportunity that we could
work together in the future.

thanks for your comments.

-Hui