Subject: [Adslmib] vdsl security considerations

From: Randy Presuhn <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 Apr 2002 16:23:44 -0700 (PDT)

Hi -

There is already some good stuff in this document's
security considerations sectIon, but it would be good
to consider closer alignment with the boilerplate from
http://www.ops.ietf.org/security.html where appropriate.

In particular, the boilerplate requires listing the "sensitive"
objects.  I understand that for this MIB that would include
all of the profile-related objects at the very least.  If this
requirement is too onerous, I suggest discussing the point
and possible alternatives on the [email-masked] list,
because I certainly do not want to discourage the use of SNMP
for profiles and configuration.

A few words about access control and this MIB's notifications
might also be in order.  (This is not the issue in point(3),
but rather concerns information revealed by notifications
on the wire.)

 ------------------------------------------------------
 Randy Presuhn          BMC Software, Inc.  1-3141
 [email-masked]  2141 North First Street
 Tel: +1 408 546-1006   San José, California 95131  USA
 ------------------------------------------------------
 My opinions and BMC's are independent variables.
 ------------------------------------------------------

_______________________________________________
Adslmib mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/adslmib