Subject: [Adslmib] vdsl - ietf and dslf

From: "Bob Ray" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 Mar 2003 10:46:03 -0600

From the DSLF working text, the following is a list of proposed
changes to the VDSL MIB draft.

1.  Add CurrLineRate to vdslPhysTable.
2.  Add vdslPerfLols, vdslPerfCurr15MinLols, vdslPerfCurr15MinLols,
    vdslPerfCurr1DayLols to VdslPerfDataEntry (loss of link seconds).
3.  vdslIntervalLols to VdslPerfIntervalEntry (loss of link seconds).
4.  Add vdsl1DayIntervalLols to Vdsl1DayIntervalEntry (loss of link
seconds).
5.  Change references to UncorrectedBlks to UncorrectableBlocks
    (e.g.  vdslChan1DayIntervalUncorrectBlks to
vdslChan1DayIntervalUncorrectableBlks)
6.  Remove vdslLineConfUpstreamDataRate and vdslLineConfDownstreamDataRate.
7.  Add vdslLineConfUpsteamRateMode and vdslLineConfDownstreamRateMode
    (manual(1), adaptAtInit(2)) to VdslLineConfProfileEntry.
8.  Change vdslLineConfRateAdaptationRatio to vdslLineConfUpstreamRateRatio
    and vdslLineConfDownstreamRateRatio.  That is, separate into up and
    down stream.
9.  Change vdslLineConfUpstreamPboControl and
vdslLineConfDownstreamPboControl
    enumerations to { disabled(1), auto(2), manual(3) }
10.  Add objects vdslLineConfUpstreamPboLevel and
vdslLineConfDownstreamPboLevel
     to vdslLineConfProfileEntry for manual pbo control.
11.  Change

     from:

		vdslLineConfAdslOccupy OBJECT-TYPE
      	  SYNTAX       TruthValue
	        MAX-ACCESS   read-create
	        STATUS       current
	        DESCRIPTION
      	      "Indicates if the VDSL line can occupy the ADSL
            	frequency range."
	        ::= { vdslLineConfProfileEntry 26 }

     to:

		vdslLineConfAdslPresence OBJECT-TYPE
      	  SYNTAX       INTEGER
                           {
                              none(1),
					adslOverPots(2),
                              adslOverISDN(3)
                           }
	        MAX-ACCESS   read-create
	        STATUS       current
	        DESCRIPTION
      	      "Indicates ADSL is present on the VDSL line."
	        ::= { vdslLineConfProfileEntry 26 }

12.  Move PSD Mask and ham band notches to line configuration table.
     That is,  the following

            vdslSCMConfProfileTransmitPSDMask    BITS,
            vdslSCMConfProfileVendorNotch1Start  Unsigned32,
            vdslSCMConfProfileVendorNotch1Stop   Unsigned32,
            vdslSCMConfProfileVendorNotch2Start  Unsigned32,
            vdslSCMConfProfileVendorNotch2Stop   Unsigned32,

     become

            vdslLineConfHamBandMask			 BITS,
            vdslLineConfCustomNotch1Start        Unsigned32,
            vdslLineConfCustomNotch1Stop         Unsigned32,
            vdslLineConfCustomNotch2Start        Unsigned32,
            vdslLineConfCustomNotch2Stop         Unsigned32,

13.  Completely remove the MCM specific configuration tables.

            - vdslLineMCMConfProfileTable
            - vdslLineMCMConfProfileTxBandTable
            - vdslLineMCMConfProfileRxBandTable
            - vdslLineMCMConfProfileTxPSDTable
            - vdslLineMCMConfProfileMaxTxPSDTable
            - vdslLineMCMConfProfileMaxRxPSDTable

14.  Completely remove the SCM specific configuration tables.

With this set of proposed changes (per Rajesh Abbi), the IETF and DSLF
MIBs should be in harmony.  If the list agrees to these changes AND
agress that the draft is ready to proceed to RFC status once they are
made, I'll do it.

Regards,
Bob Ray
PESA Switching Systems

_______________________________________________
Adslmib mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/adslmib

---

From: Rajesh Abbi <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2003 10:29:51 -0500

Hi Bob,

The only comment I have is about #11 below:
    vdslLineConfAdslPresence DESCRIPTION should state
    "Indicates presence of ADSL service in the associated cable bundle/binder."

Regards,

Rajesh