Subject: [Adslmib] Document advancement in WG charter

From: "Michael Sneed" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Aug 2003 10:23:05 -0400

As you have seen, a question has arisen as to whether advancing the current 
Proposed Standards document produced by this working group should be 
retained in the WG charter.  The key to the success of of these 
deliverables, if we choose to retain them, is the existence of 
"interoperable" implementations.  So, we would need WG members who have 
implementations to prepare implementation reports.  Generally speaking the 
implementations should conform to the RFCs, although one feature of 
requiring these implementations is that problems in implementation can be 
identified; ie. if there are portions of the MIB that no one or only one 
implementation  includes, then we can assume that such portions are not 
useful and can be eliminated, or are not implementable and must be fixed. So 
if you have an implementation that is largely conformant, then please 
consider it as a candidate.

So I have three questions for the list:

1) Should we include advancement of the current Proposed Standard documents 
to Draft Standard in our charter?

2) Do you have implementations of any of our RFCs that you would be willing 
to document in an implemenation report, and to allow to be used for 
interoperability testing?

3) If you answer "yes" to item 2), what time frame would be required to 
produce such a report?.  This is useful because we need to propose milestone 
dates with the charter.

Regards,

Mike

_________________________________________________________________
Get MSN 8 and help protect your children with advanced parental controls.  
http://join.msn.com/?page=features/parental

_______________________________________________
Adslmib mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/adslmib