Subject: [Adslmib] RFC3276 interpretation - line rate in 4-wire mode

From: Matt Beanland <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Jan 2004 18:42:27 +1100

Hi all,

We have a 4-wire implementation of SHDSL using RFC3276 and have a question
whether the MIB items:

hdsl2ShdslStatusMaxAttainableLineRate
hdsl2ShdslStatusActualLineRate
hdsl2ShdslSpanConfMinLineRate

hdsl2ShdslSpanConfMaxLineRate

apply individually to all wire pairs in the SHDSL span, or are for the
total?

These items have a range of 0..4112000 b/s. As such, they appear to lack the
upper range for 4-wire operation according to ITU G.991.2 section E.9.2.1,
which allows operation up to 2 * (36*64+8) = 4624 kb/s.

Thanks for any assistance,

Matt Beanland

Extel Communications
399 Ferntree Gully Road, Mt Waverley, Victoria 3149, Australia
Ph: +613 8542 9259 Fax: +613 8542 9299

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
------------------------
The information contained in this message and any attachments is 
confidential and intended for the named recipient(s). If you have received
this message in error, please contact sender by return e-mail and 
destroy the message and any attachments. 
Any opinions or undertakings expressed in this message are those of the 
individual sender except where the sender expressly and with authority 
states them to be the opinions of Extel. 
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
------------------------