Subject: [Aeon] Collaborative network proposal

From: Hui Deng <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2014 09:38:57 +0800

Hello all.

We just submitted a draft to propose the concept of the collaborative
network as below link:
http://www.ietf.org/id/draft-fan-intarea-conet-ps-uc-00.txt

Our basic ideal is that there are many similar use cases as AEON, so we
post here to seek for more comments whether we could work together

Here we cc to Int Area AD Ted.

Thanks a lot

-Hui

---

From: "Tirumaleswar Reddy (tireddy)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2014 07:03:17 +0000

Hi Hui,

The other problem is that when content providers and clients move to TLS for privacy reasons, the current DPI mechanisms used by middle boxes will fail.
You may want to look into http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-eckel-aeon-use-cases-00#section-2.5.1 which discusses similar problems with CDN and possible solutions.

Thanks and Regards,
-Tiru

From: Aeon [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Hui Deng
Sent: Thursday, March 20, 2014 7:09 AM
To: [email-masked]; Ted Lemon
Subject: [Aeon] Collaborative network proposal

Hello all.

We just submitted a draft to propose the concept of the collaborative network as below link:
http://www.ietf.org/id/draft-fan-intarea-conet-ps-uc-00.txt

Our basic ideal is that there are many similar use cases as AEON, so we post here to seek for more comments whether we could work together

Thanks a lot

-Hui

---

From: "Fan, Peng" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2014 19:50:25 +0800

Hi Tiru,

Yes, encrypted traffic is another supporting point. I guess it is time we
consider finding a way to retire or simplify DPI functions.

Regards,

Peng

From: Aeon [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Tirumaleswar Reddy
(tireddy)
Sent: Thursday, March 20, 2014 3:03 PM
To: Hui Deng; [email-masked]; Ted Lemon
Subject: Re: [Aeon] Collaborative network proposal

Hi Hui,

The other problem is that when content providers and clients move to TLS for
privacy reasons, the current DPI mechanisms used by middle boxes will fail. 

You may want to look into
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-eckel-aeon-use-cases-00#section-2.5.1 which
discusses similar problems with CDN and possible solutions.

Thanks and Regards,

-Tiru

Hello all.

Our basic ideal is that there are many similar use cases as AEON, so we post
here to seek for more comments whether we could work together

Thanks a lot

-Hui