Subject: Re: Agentx list dilemma

From: Randy Presuhn <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 4 Aug 1998 12:25:53 -0700 (PDT)

Hi - 

Thanks everyone for the suggestions on what to do about mailing list
subscribers whose domains bounce messages from hotmail.com subscribers
to the [email-masked] distribution list.  Having read everyone's advice,
I'm going to do something completely different.  :-)

For now, all agentx mailing list bounce messages resulting from postings
by hotmail.com subscribers will simply be discarded, with no action
taken by the agentx list administrator.  Subscribers from domains which
are refusing the hotmail.com postings will have to use the working group
FTP site at ftp://ftp.peer.com/pub/agentx/archives in order to see
these postings.

Those posting messages to the agentx list should come to expect these
bounces, and should complain directly to the postmasters of the domains
that are rejecting this legitimate mail.

I reserve the right to change my mind and do something completely
different in the future.

 -----------------------------------------------------------------------
 Randy Presuhn           Email: [email-masked]      http://www.bmc.com     
 Voice: +1 408 616-3100  BMC Software, Inc.           965 Stewart Drive
 Fax:   +1 408 616-3101  Sunnyvale, California 94086  USA
 -----------------------------------------------------------------------
 In accordance with the BMC Communications Systems Use and Security
 Policy, I explicitly state that although my affiliation with BMC may be
 apparent, implied, or provided, my opinions are not necessarily those
 of BMC Software and that all external representations on behalf of
 BMC must first be cleared with a member of "the top management team."
 -----------------------------------------------------------------------