Subject: [alto] I-D Action:draft-ietf-alto-deployments-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2011 09:00:03 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Application-Layer Traffic Optimization Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : ALTO Deployment Considerations
	Author(s)       : M. Stiemerling, S. Kiesel
	Filename        : draft-ietf-alto-deployments-01.txt
	Pages           : 33
	Date            : 2011-03-14

Many Internet applications are used to access resources, such as
pieces of information or server processes, which are available in
several equivalent replicas on different hosts.  This includes, but
is not limited to, peer-to-peer file sharing applications.  The goal
of Application-Layer Traffic Optimization (ALTO) is to provide
guidance to these applications, which have to select one or several
hosts from a set of candidates, that are able to provide a desired
resource.  The protocol is under specification in the ALTO working
group.  This memo discusses deployment related issues of ALTO for
peer-to-peer and CDNs, some preliminary security considerations, and
also initial guidance for application designers using ALTO.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-alto-deployments-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.

---

From: Martin Stiemerling <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2011 20:51:58 +0000

The major change for this draft:
- applied new structure as discussed during the last IETF meeting (see slide 4 of http://www.ietf.org/proceedings/79/slides/alto-6.pdf)

  Martin

[email-masked]

NEC Laboratories Europe - Network Research Division
NEC Europe Limited | Registered Office: NEC House, 1 Victoria Road, London W3 6BL | Registered in England 2832014 

> -----Original Message-----
> From: [email-masked] [mailto:i-d-announce-
> [email-masked]] On Behalf Of [email-masked]
> Sent: Monday, March 14, 2011 5:00 PM
> To: [email-masked]
> Cc: [email-masked]
> Subject: I-D Action:draft-ietf-alto-deployments-01.txt
> 
W0ludGVybmV0U2hvcnRjdXRdDQpVUkw9ZnRwOi8vZnRwLmlldGYub3JnL2ludGVybmV0LWRyYWZ0
cy9kcmFmdC1pZXRmLWFsdG8tZGVwbG95bWVudHMtMDEudHh0DQo=