Subject: [alto] ALTO session recordings

From: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2011 21:40:35 +0200

Dear all,

the full recordings (synchronized video, audio, slides and jabber room)
of today's ALTO session are available at the following URL:

http://ietf.conf.meetecho.com

At the moment, you'll find on the mentioned site both the recording of the entire session and a first sub-recording associated with just the agenda bashing part.
We'll make soon available the remaining 8 presentations as separate files, in order to simplify both search and retrieval of the specific parts one might be interestedin. 
Please be advised that the application we use to playout the 
recordings is a standard JNLP java app. JNLP is just a simple way to get
 Java applications
started from the network, taking care of library dependencies and 
the like automatically. We reassure you that the only thing the 
application does
is retrieve the SMIL description file, i.e. a standard way to 
describe a synchronized view of all the involved media, and in turn 
download the media
content itself. After that, the playout starts allowing you to seek.

An ad-hoc player was needed since our approach towards the SMIL 
description at the moment slightly differs from the standard in a few 
parts: a 100%
SMIL compliant representation of the recordings is about to come.

In case of problems with the playout, just drop an e-mail to
[email-masked].

Cheers,

The Meetecho Team @ IETF80