Subject: Re: [alto] Agenda requests for IETF 80 - "Multi-Cost ALTO draft updates"

From: Sabine Randriamasy <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 Mar 2011 19:30:04 +0100

Hi all,

I have posted an updated version of the draft "Multi-Cost ALTO" 
presented at the Beijing ALTO WG meeting. You can find it at  
http://tools.ietf.org/id/draft-randriamasy-alto-multi-cost-02.txt
I have requested a slot of about 10 minutes to discuss on the topic 
"Multi-Cost ALTO draft updates", at the next ALTO meetings in Prague.

The main differences between the new version and the one presented in 
Beijing are on the following items:
- how to integrate multiple costs and property (c & p) types in Alto 
information (value arrays, implicit type ordering),
- how to represent statistical or ordinal c&p information in an 
interpretable way (including with Alto requ. supported attributes such 
as 'lifetime' and aging mechanisms),
- updates on proposed temporal Cost Attributes.

I would like to use my time to summarize these updates and list some 
aspects on this proposal that need further discussions and definitions. 
For example:
- For each additional ALTO Type proposed: description of attributes 
needed for IANA registration.
- Is 'statistical' a Mode?  If yes this should only appear in ALTO 
responses. 
I would also finally ask the Alto group:
- whether it agrees on the principle of MultiCost Alto transactions in 
the Alto protocol,
- to give feedback on the proposed Alto c&p updates

Last, please be aware that the 'diff' between the current draft version 
(# 02) and version #01 only provides a small output. The ietf79 version 
was #00. This is my fault as I messed up with the xml updates and 
version 02 is a last minute harmonization, due to partial updates. In 
particular the IANA attributes for the proposed types do not appear in 
this draft.

Best regards,
Sabine

Enrico Marocco a écrit :
> Hi all,
>
> if you are interested in getting a slot on the agenda of the next ALTO
> meeting, please send the chairs a request by Monday March 14.
>
> Please provide a title for the agenda slot, the requested amount of time
> as well as a list of the issues that will be addressed during the
> allocated time.
>
> As usual, the goal is to make best use of meeting time in order to make
> progress on the chartered work items. Working group documents will thus
> have max priority, followed by individual drafts candidate for
> fulfilling charter milestones and document that have attracted attention
> on the mailing list.
>
>   

-- 

---------------------------------------------------------
Sabine RANDRIAMASY
Alcatel-Lucent Bell Labs France 
Centre de Villarceaux
Route de Villejust - 91620 NOZAY - FRANCE

E-MAIL : [email-masked]
TEL: +33 (0)1 30 77 27 45 
       2 103 27 45 (On Net)
---------------------------------------------------------