Subject: [alto] Protocol issue: multi-cost information

From: Enrico Marocco <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 27 Aug 2011 08:01:47 +0200

The current specification allows cost maps to convey only one type of
cost information at a time. It has been pointed out that, in some cases,
applications may benefit from the presence of multiple cost-type values
in a single cost map (see draft-randriamasy-alto-multi-cost for a
detailed description of such use cases) and an extension for allowing
that has been proposed.

Possible options (please express and possibly motivate your preference):

  1. allow only one type per cost map in the core protocol
     specification and define the syntax and usage of multi-cost maps
     as an extension;

  2. extend the core protocol specification to allow multi-cost
     information to be queried and provided in base responses;

  3. other.

-- 
Ciao,
Enrico

---

From: Reinaldo Penno <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 27 Aug 2011 15:29:53 -0400

I prefer 1.