Subject: [alto] Remaining issues with the protocol

From: Enrico Marocco <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 27 Aug 2011 07:57:10 +0200

Folks,

the interoperability event and the meeting in Quebec have helped a big
deal in identifying and framing the remaining (few) issues with the ALTO
protocol. Since the specs are otherwise fairly mature, we would like to
encourage a final effort from the working group for addressing them and
eventually moving the document on the publication path.

We are about to start individual threads for each issue; if you have any
opinions about them please let them be heard, as, especially in a couple
cases, the consensus of the working group is quite unclear.

Here's a short list of such issues:

  + map-vtag field length;
  + behavior in case the server is not strictly "authoritative" for the
    information requested (and/or provided);
  + multiple cost type information;
  + what protocol features should be mandatory and what optional.

-- 
Ciao,
Enrico