Subject: [alto] [Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-randriamasy-alto-multi-cost-05.txt]

From: Sabine Randriamasy <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 1 Nov 2011 01:07:41 +0100

Hi all,

I just posted a new version of draft "Multi-Cost ALTO". The updates include:
- listing and specification on Multi-Cost specific ALTO services: with 
their specifications and examples.
- uses cases for multi-cost ALTO transactions, some of them including 
time variable costs
- description of proposed time varying costs, with a proposed associated 
"dynamic" modes and associated capability describing its time-scope,
- examples: uri in the IRD for endpointmulticost service with a 
"dynamic" cost, example of ALTO response with such a cost.

I'd be intersted in your feedback on this work.

Best regards
Sabine

-------- Message original --------
Sujet : 	New Version Notification for 
draft-randriamasy-alto-multi-cost-05.txt
Date : 	Tue, 1 Nov 2011 00:51:49 +0100
De : 	[email-masked] <[email-masked]>
Pour : 	RANDRIAMASY, SABINE (SABINE) 
<[email-masked]>
Copie à : 	Schwan, Nico (Nico) <[email-masked]>, 
RANDRIAMASY, SABINE (SABINE) <[email-masked]>

A new version of I-D, draft-randriamasy-alto-multi-cost-05.txt has been successfully submitted by Sabine Randriamasy and posted to the IETF repository.

Filename:	 draft-randriamasy-alto-multi-cost
Revision:	 05
Title:		 Multi-Cost ALTO
Creation date:	 2011-10-31
WG ID:		 Individual Submission
Number of pages: 31

Abstract:
   IETF is designing a new service called ALTO (Application Layer
   traffic Optimization) that includes a &quot;Network Map Service&quot;, an
   &quot;Endpoint Cost Service&quot; and an &quot;Endpoint (EP) Ranking Service&quot; and
   thus incentives for application clients to connect to ISP preferred
   Endpoints.  These services provide a view of the Network Provider
   (NP) topology to overlay clients.

   The present draft proposes a light way to extend the information
   provided by the current ALTO protocol.  The purpose is to broaden the
   possibilities of the Application Clients in two ways.  Firstly it
   proposes to include information on multiple cost types in a single
   ALTO transaction, providing a better mapping of the Selected
   Endpoints to needs of the growing diversity of Content Networking
   Applications and to the network conditions.  Secondly it proposes new
   cost types, that are an abstraction of time-sensitive network
   information as viewed by the Network Provider.  All this also helps
   producing a more robust choice when multiple Endpoints must be
   selected.

   There are 2 parts in this draft: the first part initiates protocol
   extensions to support requests on multiple Cost Types in one single
   transaction.  These first extensions also integrate the discussions
   within the ALTO Working Group.  The second part proposes use cases
   motivating further definitions of additional CostTypes and Cost
   related attributes and capabilities.

The IETF Secretariat

-- 

---------------------------------------------------------
Sabine RANDRIAMASY
Alcatel-Lucent Bell Labs France 
Centre de Villarceau
Route de Villejust - 91620 NOZAY - FRANCE

E-MAIL : [email-masked]
TEL: +33 (0)1 30 77 27 45 
         (On Net) 2 103 27 45
---------------------------------------------------------