Subject: [alto] 2nd ALTO Interoperability Event at IETF-85

From: "Vijay K. Gurbani" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2012 09:51:55 -0500

Folks: The first ALTO bakeoff in Quebec City was undoubtedly
useful and, since people have expressed interest in arranging another
one now that the protocol is mature, we are planning the 2nd one in
IETF 85 (Atlanta).

Enough implementers have already shown an interest that we feel
a critical mass for having a successful bakeoff has been reached.
However, we need to know in advance a good approximation of the number
of participants to organize the event accordingly, so, please, if you
have not already done so, please send me and Enrico an email to let us
know you will be participating, and please include any other support
you will like to have from us.  We assume that everyone will need power-
strips and network connectivity, but if there is something else you
need, please let us know early. This allows us to gauge what sort of a
room, etc. to reserve.

We will use -13 as the draft used in the bakeoff.  As we did during
the 1st bakeoff, a list of test cases will be circulated on the
mailing list for feedback and solicitation.

Logistical and other details will follow as we get closer to the
Atlanta IETF.

Please remember to send me and Enrico an email if you plan to bring your
implementation

Thanks,

- vijay
-- 
Vijay K. Gurbani, Bell Laboratories, Alcatel-Lucent
1960 Lucent Lane, Rm. 9C-533, Naperville, Illinois 60563 (USA)
Email: vkg@{bell-labs.com,acm.org} / [email-masked]
Web:   http://ect.bell-labs.com/who/vkg/