Subject: Re: [alto] New Version Notification for draft-cao-alto-hierarchical-alto-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2012 10:10:21 +0800

Hi everyone

We have uploaded a new draft, which describes a hierarchical architecture 
for ALTO based on the network and service evolutions, and three usecases 
are also provided, like ALTO data collection, ALTO map distribution and 
ALTO data reflection.

Be glad if you can have a review and any comments/contributions/coauthors 
are welcome.

Best regards

Fei

[email-masked] 
2012-09-10 09:00

收件人
[email-masked]
抄送
[email-masked], [email-masked]
主题
New Version Notification for draft-cao-alto-hierarchical-alto-00.txt

A new version of I-D, draft-cao-alto-hierarchical-alto-00.txt
has been successfully submitted by Fei Zhang and posted to the
IETF repository.

Filename:                 draft-cao-alto-hierarchical-alto
Revision:                 00
Title:                            Hierarchical ALTO
Creation date:            2012-09-09
WG ID:                            Individual Submission
Number of pages: 8
URL:             
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-cao-alto-hierarchical-alto-00.txt

Status:          
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-cao-alto-hierarchical-alto
Htmlized:        
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-cao-alto-hierarchical-alto-00

Abstract:
   The ALTO Service allows applications to obtain network information
   for optimizing their traffic.  An ALTO server maintains ALTO data and
   provides ALTO services to its clients.  In a big network, a single
   ALTO server could a bottleneck in performance.  To increase the
   scalability of ALTO, this document proposes a hierarchical
   architecture for ALTO.  This architecture allows collecting ALTO
   information and/or providing ALTO services in a distributed manner.
   An ISP can deploy multiple ALTO servers in a hierarchical
   architecture to improve scalability.

The IETF Secretariat