Subject: [alto] Experimental ALTO validators

From: Wendy Roome <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2014 15:06:15 -0400

I¹ve setup two web pages to validate ALTO:

http://www.wdroome.com/alto/validate-msg.php validates JSON messages.
Paste JSON into the text box, select a media type, and click VALIDATE. The
page scans the JSON and reports any problems.

http://www.wdroome.com/alto/validate-server.php validates an ALTO server.
Enter the URI of an ALTO IRD and click VALIDATE. It reads the IRD, fetches
all full network and cost maps, verifies that the response messages are
valid, and verifies that they are mutually consistent (e.g., every PID in
a cost map is defined in the network map). It also gives a quick summary
of each resource: fetch time, number of PIDs, number of costs, etc.

Of course, this is my implementation of my interpretation of the latest
ALTO draft. Either may be faulty! The web pages let you report incorrect
validations. Or send me email.

	- Wendy Roome

PS: The lawyers insisted I attach a ³Terms Of Use² agreement. Some
provisions are important (e.g., we reserve the right to withdraw the
service at any time). But some are totally off the wall (e.g., it forbids
you from uploading copyrighted or pornographic materials). So treat it
like you¹d treat any other EULA.

---

From: Wendy Roome <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 29 Apr 2014 16:26:22 -0400

Slight correction: we¹d prefer that you access the validators via these
URLs:

http://alto.alcatel-lucent.com:8000/validate-msg  ‹ for the JSON message
validator

http://alto.alcatel-lucent.com:8000/validate-server  ‹ for the ALTO server
validator

	- Wendy Roome