Subject: [alto] TR: New Version Notification for draft-randriamasy-alto-cost-calendar-01.txt

From: "RANDRIAMASY, SABINE (SABINE)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 4 Jul 2014 23:59:00 +0000

Hi all,

A version 01 of draft ALTO Calendar has just been posted. The updates clarify sections on the design considerations, ALTO Cost Calendar attributes specification and ALTO transaction examples. These sections will be updated upon discussions in the ALTO WG.
Please use this new version for feedback and discussion.

Best regards
Sabine

>>-----Message d'origine-----
>>De : [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]
>>Envoyé : samedi 5 juillet 2014 01:47
>>À : RANDRIAMASY, SABINE (SABINE); Qin Wu; Wenson Wu; Richard Yang;
>>RANDRIAMASY, SABINE (SABINE); Nico Schwan; Deng Lingli; Yang Yang;
>>Lingli Deng; Nico Schwan
>>Objet : New Version Notification for draft-randriamasy-alto-cost-
>>calendar-01.txt
>>
>>
>>A new version of I-D, draft-randriamasy-alto-cost-calendar-01.txt
>>has been successfully submitted by Sabine Randriamasy and posted to the
>>IETF repository.
>>
>>Name:		draft-randriamasy-alto-cost-calendar
>>Revision:	01
>>Title:		ALTO Cost Calendar
>>Document date:	2014-07-04
>>Group:		Individual Submission
>>Pages:		24
>>URL:            http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-randriamasy-
>>alto-cost-calendar-01.txt
>>Status:         https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-randriamasy-
>>alto-cost-calendar/
>>Htmlized:       http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-randriamasy-alto-cost-
>>calendar-01
>>Diff:           http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-randriamasy-
>>alto-cost-calendar-01
>>
>>Abstract:
>>   The goal of Application-Layer Traffic Optimization (ALTO) is to
>>   bridge the gap between network and applications by provisioning
>>   network related information in order to allow applications to make
>>   informed decisions.  The present draft proposes to extend the cost
>>   information provided by the ALTO protocol.  The purpose is to
>>broaden
>>   the decision possibilities of applications to not only decide
>>'where'
>>   to connect to, but also 'when'.  This is useful to applications that
>>   have a degree of freedom on when to schedule data transfers, such as
>>   non- instantaneous data replication between data centers or service
>>   provisioning to end systems with irregular connectivity.  ALTO
>>   guidance to schedule application traffic can also efficiently help
>>   for load balancing and resources efficiency.
>>
>>   The draft specifies a new Cost Mode, "Calendar" Mode, that is
>>   applicable to time-sensitive ALTO metrics and allows Applications to
>>   carefully schedule their connections or data transfers.  In the
>>   Calendar Mode, an ALTO Server exposes ALTO Cost Values in JSON
>>arrays
>>   where each value corresponds to a given time interval.  The time
>>   intervals as well as other Calendar attributes are specified in the
>>   IRD.  Besides the functional time-shift enhancement the ALTO Cost
>>   Calendar also allows to schedule the ALTO requests themselves and
>>   thus save a number of ALTO transactions.
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of
>>submission until the htmlized version and diff are available at
>>tools.ietf.org.
>>
>>The IETF Secretariat