Subject: [alto] Adding a milestone to ALTO regarding the CDNI FCI interface

From: Jan Seedorf <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 Feb 2017 22:18:07 +0100

Dear all,

during the ALTO session at IETF-96 (the last F2F ALTO session), I 
presented on the CDNI-FCI interface and that it will be based on ALTO. 
In the meantime, RFC 8008 is done (https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc8008), 
which is defining the JSON object to be transported in the CDNI-FCI 
interface via a new ALTO service. During the session, there was 
agreement to add a new ALTO milestone for a document specifying the new 
ALTO service to transport the CDNI-FCI JSON objects. Check the notes 
from the session:

"The CDNI WG is using ALTO for FCI interface.  CDNI is about to be 
closed and thus the work on specification of the transport of an FCI as 
a JSON object using ALTO is proposed to be done in ALTO.  We will need 
to add a new milestone to do this as a new ALTO service.  No one 
objected to doing this work in ALTO.  The ALTO WG will check that the 
new CDNI ALTO service is compatible with generic extensions to the core 
ALTO protocol and will ratify the decision to add a new milestone for 
this this work on the ALTO mailing list."

I think we never ratified this decision on the mailing list.

Are there any objections to add a new milestone for a document 
specifying a new ALTO service to transport CDNI-FCI JSON objects (as 
defined in RFC8008)?

  - Jan