Subject: [alto] Draft: Alto for the blockchain

From: Shenshen Chen <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 Feb 2017 23:10:01 +0800

Dear authors,

I’m interested in ALTO for the blockchain,
draft-hommes-alto-blockchain-02 and have written some comments for 01
version. This draft looks pretty cool, but it may not fit "Intended
status: Standards Track" because of missing of definition.

As a standard, I guess it should define the format of request/response
and IRD for sec 3.1, 3.2 and bootstrap mechanism. According to RFC
7285, an ALTO client requests IRD to discover available information
resources provided by an ALTO server, which includes resource id,
media type, encoding and so on. The IRD may be something like this:

“available-peers" : {
        "uri" : “http://alto.example.com/blockchin/peers",
        "media-types" : [ "application/alto-blockchain+json" ],
        "role" : "miner",
        "metric" : "latency",
        .
        .
        .

Hope this helps.

Best Regards,
Shenshen