Subject: [alto] Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-gao-alto-fcs-03.txt

From: Jensen Zhang <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 03 Jul 2017 18:15:33 +0000

Hi all,

In this new version of the draft, we made the following changes:

- Register new ALTO address types for endpoint addresses encoding. The
format of EndpointURI is deprecated;
- Define new cost-mode=statistical and replace the cost confidence by
CostStatistics object.

Any feedback will most welcome!

Thanks,
Jensen

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, Jul 4, 2017 at 2:05 AM
Subject: New Version Notification for draft-gao-alto-fcs-03.txt
To: Jingxuan Jensen Zhang <[email-masked]>, Junzhuo Austin Wang
<[email-masked]>, Y. Richard Yang <[email-masked]>, Qiao Xiang <
[email-masked]>, Kai Gao <[email-masked]>

A new version of I-D, draft-gao-alto-fcs-03.txt
has been successfully submitted by Jingxuan Jensen Zhang and posted to the
IETF repository.

Name:           draft-gao-alto-fcs
Revision:       03
Title:          ALTO Extension: Flow-based Cost Query
Document date:  2017-07-04
Group:          Individual Submission
Pages:          26
URL:
https://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-gao-alto-fcs-03.txt
Status:         https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-gao-alto-fcs/
Htmlized:       https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-gao-alto-fcs-03
Htmlized:       https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-gao-alto-fcs-03
Diff:           https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-gao-alto-fcs-03

Abstract:
   The Endpoint Cost Service maps a source-destination pair into a cost
   value, which provides an abstract network view based on a subset of
   the 2-dimension address space.  Given that the emergence of new
   networking datapath capabilities has substantially increased the
   routing flexibility, such a query space is not sufficient to uniquely
   identify a flow.  To address the limitations of the network
   information query space provided by the legacy ALTO protocol, this
   document takes two approaches: extending the existing ALTO cost query
   services with fine-grained semantics, and enabling a new flow-based
   query service named Flow Cost Service.  These extensions move ALTO to
   a more flexible and expressive network information query space.

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

The IETF Secretariat