Subject: [alto] Working on a draft of security and privacy issues in ALTO and its extension.

From: Qiao Xiang <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2018 23:09:39 -0400

Dear WG members,

As each new ALTO extensions may introduce different security and privacy
issues, I feel that we are missing a comprehensive investigation on such
issues. To this end, I am working on a draft to systematically understand
such issues in ALTO and its extensions. To start with, I am summarizing all
raised such issues in published ALTO RFCs, WG drafts and personal drafts.
Then I am planning to propose design options and implementation guidelines
to cope with these issues.

I will post my summary and thoughts on this draft to the mailing list in
the next few days. Meanwhile, if you have any comments or are interested in
working on this together, please let me know. Thank you very much.

Best wishes
Qiao Xiang
-- 
Qiao Xiang
Postdoctoral Fellow,
Department of Computer Science,
Yale University

---

From: Qiao Xiang <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2018 20:24:26 -0400

Dear all,

Attached is a deck of slides summarizing the privacy issues in current ALTO
extensions. This is still a work-in-progress. I will continue to work on
this draft and send updates to the group. Meantime, any comment from the WG
would be greatly appreciated.

Best
Qiao