Subject: [altoext] FW: New Version Notification for draft-bernstein-alto-large-bandwidth-cases-02.txt

From: Leeyoung <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2012 19:51:04 +0000

Hi

We have updated the use case for High bandwidth Query and Control. Comments and discussions are welcome. Thanks.

Greg and Young

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Monday, July 16, 2012 2:47 PM
To: Leeyoung
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: New Version Notification for draft-bernstein-alto-large-bandwidth-cases-02.txt

A new version of I-D, draft-bernstein-alto-large-bandwidth-cases-02.txt
has been successfully submitted by Young Lee and posted to the
IETF repository.

Filename:	 draft-bernstein-alto-large-bandwidth-cases
Revision:	 02
Title:		 Use Cases for High Bandwidth Query and Control of Core Networks
Creation date:	 2012-07-16
WG ID:		 Individual Submission
Number of pages: 28
URL:             http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-bernstein-alto-large-bandwidth-cases-02.txt
Status:          http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-bernstein-alto-large-bandwidth-cases
Htmlized:        http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-bernstein-alto-large-bandwidth-cases-02
Diff:            http://tools.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-bernstein-alto-large-bandwidth-cases-02

Abstract:
   This draft describes two generic use-cases that illustrate
   application layer traffic optimization applied to high bandwidth
   core networks.  The type of information and interactions needed to
   perform various optimizations is described. In addition extensions
   to the existing ALTO protocol widely applicable to any high
   bandwidth applications are suggested.  These include bandwidth
   constraint representations for a diverse range of control and data
   plane technologies as well as advanced filtering based on
   constraints.

The IETF Secretariat

---

From: Greg Bernstein <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2012 09:02:05 -0700

Hi folks, in particular in section 6.3 of the updated document 
(http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-bernstein-alto-large-bandwidth-cases-02) 
we have added two representation of bandwidth constraints that may be 
useful for extending ALTO.

In section 6.3.1 we give an abstract path vector approach that includes 
mutual "abstract" bottlenecks.  This is useful for technologies where 
paths choice may be limited and/or path choices are not derivable from a 
graph.

In section 6.3.2 we discuss graph representations and give examples 
where such representations can be significantly reduced. See the example 
of multiple spanning tree which produces many graphs that we then can 
easily reduce.

It appears that when we merged this new work into our existing draft the 
new references didn't transfer over.  See below for missing references.

Best Regards

Greg B.

Missing references:

  [BGP4] S. Hares, Y. Rekhter, and T. Li, RFC4271, "A Border Gateway
    Protocol 4 (BGP-4)," Jan-2006.

    [MT-OSPF] L. Nguyen, P. Psenak, S. Mirtorabi, P. Pillay-Esnault, and
    A. Roy, RFC4915, "Multi-Topology (MT) Routing in OSPF."

    [802.1D] "IEEE Standard for Local and metropolitan area networks-
    Media Access Control (MAC) Bridges," IEEE Std 802.1D-2004, 2004.

    [802.1Q] "IEEE Standard for Local and metropolitan area networks-
    Media Access Control (MAC) Bridges and Virtual Bridged Local Area
    Networks," IEEE Std 802.1Q-2011 (Revision of IEEE Std 802.1Q-2005),
    pp. 1 -1365, 2011.

    [OpenFlow] N. McKeown, T. Anderson, H. Balakrishnan, G. Parulkar, L.
    Peterson, J. Rexford, S. Shenker, and J. Turner, "OpenFlow: enabling
    innovation in campus networks," SIGCOMM Comput. Commun. Rev., vol.
    38, no. 2, pp. 69-74, Mar. 2008.

    [NetOpt]  D. P. Bertsekas and D. P. Bertsekas, Network Optimization:
    Continuous and Discrete Models. Athena Scientific, 1998.

    [RWA]  Asuman E. Ozdaglar and Dimitri P. Bertsekas, "Routing and
    wavelength assignment in optical networks," IEEE/ACM Transactions on
    Networking, vol. 11, no. 2, pp. 259 -272, 2003.

On 7/16/2012 12:51 PM, Leeyoung wrote:
> _______________________________________________
> altoext mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/altoext
>
>

-- 
===================================================
Dr Greg Bernstein, Grotto Networking (510) 573-2237