Subject: [ANCP] Depreciate Port-Up message TLV 0x02

From: "Wojciech Dec (wdec)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 16 Nov 2007 10:06:29 +0100

Hi Sanjay,

in your next revision of the protocol spec could you please make sure to
address the PENDING issue of depreciating conflicting TLVs? (This has
been an open item since the beginning of the year)

The full mail thread can be reviewed on the ANCP WG alias, but
http://www1.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/ancp/current/msg00152.html
contains a conclusion of sorts. This conclusion was discussed at IETF 68
and accepted by the WG.

In summary:
TLV and sub-TLV conflicts have appeared. Approach is to depreciate use
of such conflicting items.

PORT-UP TLV Type 0x02 (Access-Loop-Remote-Id). Should have a new TLV #
***PENDING***   
PORT-UP TLV 0x04 (DSL Line attributes) sub-TLV 0x90 (Access Loop
Encapsulation) . Should have a new sub-TLV #  ***DONE New sub-TLV is
0x91*** 

Thanks,
Woj.
_______________________________________________
ANCP mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ancp