Subject: [ANCP] I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-ancp-protocol-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2007 17:15:02 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.
This draft is a work item of the Access Node Control Protocol Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Protocol for Access Node Control Mechanism in Broadband Networks
	Author(s)	: S. Wadhwa, et al.
	Filename	: draft-ietf-ancp-protocol-02.txt
	Pages		: 43
	Date		: 2007-11-20
	
This document describes proposed extensions to the GSMPv3 protocol to 
        allow its use in a broadband environment, as a control plane between   
        Access Nodes (e.g. DSLAM) and Broadband Network Gateways (e.g. NAS). 
        These proposed extensions are required to realize a protocol for 
        “Access Node Control” mechanism as described in [8]. The resulting 
        protocol with the proposed extensions to GSMPv3 [4] is referred to as 
        “Access Node Control Protocol” (ANCP).  This document currently 
        focuses on specific use cases of access node control mechanism for 
        topology discovery, line configuration, and OAM as described in ANCP 
        framework document [8]. It is intended to be augmented by additional 
        protocol specification for future use cases considered in scope by 
        the ANCP charter.  

        ANCP framework document [8] describes the ANCP use-cases in detail. 
        Illustrative text for the use-cases is included here to help the 
        protocol implementer understand the greater context of ANCP protocol 
        interactions.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ancp-protocol-02.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message. 
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then 
"get draft-ietf-ancp-protocol-02.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ancp-protocol-02.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
ANCP mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ancp