Subject: [ANCP] I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-ancp-protocol-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 21 Jul 2008 15:15:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.
This draft is a work item of the Access Node Control Protocol Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Protocol for Access Node Control Mechanism in Broadband Networks
	Author(s)	: J. Moisand, S. Subramanian, T. Haag, N. Voigt, S. Wadhwa
	Filename	: draft-ietf-ancp-protocol-03.txt
	Pages		: 43
	Date		: 2008-7-14
	
This document describes proposed extensions to the GSMPv3 protocol to 
allow its use in a broadband environment, as a control plane between   
Access Nodes (e.g. DSLAM) and Broadband Network Gateways (e.g. NAS). 
These proposed extensions are required to realize a protocol for 
"Access Node Control" mechanism as described in [ANCP-FRAMEWORK]. The resulting protocol with the proposed extensions to GSMPv3 [RFC3292] is referred to as "Access Node Control Protocol" (ANCP). This document currently focuses on specific use cases of access node 
control mechanism for topology discovery, line configuration, and OAM 
as described in ANCP framework document [ANCP-FRAMEWORK]. It is 
intended to be augmented by additional protocol specification for 
future use cases considered in scope by the ANCP charter.  

ANCP framework document [ANCP-FRAMEWORK] describes the ANCP use-cases 
in detail. Illustrative text for the use-cases is included here to 
help the protocol implementer understand the greater context of ANCP 
protocol interactions.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ancp-protocol-03.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
ANCP mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ancp