Subject: [ANCP] Admission Control notification for grey list

From: Francois Le Faucheur IMAP <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 Jul 2009 14:53:16 +0200

Tom and all,

In section "5.1.1. Profile Processing At the Access Node" we currently  
have the following note:
"[Editor's Note: for grey list requests, there is a currently  
unfulfilled need to indicate to the NAS (or require the NAS to know)  
whether admission control has been done at the AN. If so, the NAS can  
skip the admission control step and just apply policy.]"

I am picturing a simple model for Bandwidth Delegation whereby:
	* if Bandwidth Delegation is activated on the AN, then the AN would  
always perform admission control (and therefore perform admission  
control for both white and grey groups)
	* If Bandwidth delegation is not activated on the AN, then the AN  
would never perform admission control (and therefore not perform  
admission control for both white and grey groups)

With this model, it is very easy for the NAS to know whether admission  
control has been performed or not for a grey group (or for a white  
group for that matter): it purely depends on whether Bandwidth  
Delegation is activated on the AN or not.
So, to me, there is not an unfulfilled need here and I'd propose to  
remove this editing note in next rev.
Do you see an issue with that?

Francois

---

From: Tom Taylor <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 Jul 2009 09:42:22 -0400

This seems reasonable to me.

Francois Le Faucheur IMAP wrote:
> control has been performed or not for a grey group (or for a white group 
> for that matter): it purely depends on whether Bandwidth Delegation is 
> activated on the AN or not.