Subject: [ANCP] Support of multicast information reporting and accounting

From: Tom Taylor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 11 Oct 2009 12:59:10 -0400

The requirements listed below come from the framework document. I assume that 
these requirements are common to all of the capabilities I described in my 
previous message. Or would someone suggest that they should be 
separately-negotiated capabilities?

    R-17  The ANCP MUST allow the AN to send an Information Report
          message to the NAS whenever replication of a multicast flow on
          a particular Access Port start or ends.

    R-18  The ANCP MUST allow the AN to send an Information Report
          message to the NAS indicating the multicast traffic volume that
          has been replicated on that port.

    R-19  The ANCP MUST allow the NAS to indicate to the AN whether or
          not multicast accounting is needed for a multicast flow on a
          particular Access Port.

    R-20  In case multicast accounting is needed for a multicast flow on
          a particular Access Port, the ANCP MUST allow the NAS to
          indicate to the AN whether or not additional volume accounting
          information is required.

    R-23  The ANCP MUST allow the NAS to query the AN to obtain
          information on what multicast flows are currently being
          replicated on a given Access Port, what Access Ports are
          currently receiving a given multicast flow, or what multicast
          flows are currently replicated on each Access Port.

Tom Taylor