Subject: [ANCP] RFC 7256 on Multicast Control Extensions for the Access Node Control Protocol (ANCP)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 3 Jul 2014 18:24:37 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 7256

        Title:      Multicast Control Extensions for the 
                    Access Node Control Protocol (ANCP) 
        Author:     F. Le Faucheur, R. Maglione, T. Taylor
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       July 2014
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      99
        Characters: 234572
        Updates:    RFC6320

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-ancp-mc-extensions-16.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc7256.txt

This document specifies the extensions to the Access Node Control
Protocol (ANCP) (RFC 6320) required for support of the multicast use
cases defined in the Access Node Control Protocol framework document
(RFC 5851) and one additional use case described in this document.
These use cases are organized into the following ANCP capabilities:

o  multicast replication initiated by the Network Access Server
   (NAS);

o  conditional access and admission control with white and black
   lists;

o  conditional access and admission control with grey lists;

o  bandwidth delegation; and

o  committed bandwidth reporting.

These capabilities may be combined according to the rules given in
this specification.

This document updates RFC 6320 by assigning capability type 3 to a
capability specified in this document and by changing the starting
point for IANA allocation of result codes determined by IETF
Consensus from 0x100 to 0x64.

This document is a product of the Access Node Control Protocol Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC