Subject: Re: [Anima] Call for agenda ANIMA @ IETF 96, Berlin, Germany

From: Laurent Ciavaglia <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 1 Jul 2016 17:36:14 +0200

Dear Sheng and Toerless, ANIMA WG,

We kindly ask for the following time slots:

_Slot #1_
     -Name of time slot: Autonomic Functions Coordination By The Example.
     -Name of draft(s): draft-ciavaglia-anima-coordination-01, 
draft-peloso-anima-autonomic-function-01
     -Time requested: minimum 20 minutes (we need to run through the 
example to make the demonstration useful)
     -Presenter name(s): Laurent Ciavaglia, Pierre Peloso.
     -Brief description of what issues need discussing and what you hope to
     accomplish by presenting (please focus on open issues, rather than a
     status update): The presentation will show how AF interactions 
(e.g. conflicts) are identified and resolved with concrete examples, 
mapped to the ANIMA components and outline new requirements. The goal is 
to expose the importance of coordination as a special role ASA and the 
need to define the appropriate mechanism/specifications to support it 
efficiently in the ANIMA framework.

_Slot #2_
     -Name of time slot: Autonomic Functions Life-cycle and Management.
     -Name of draft(s): draft-peloso-anima-autonomic-function-01
     -Time requested: 15 minutes
     -Presenter name(s): Laurent Ciavaglia, Pierre Peloso.
     -Brief description of what issues need discussing and what you hope to
     accomplish by presenting (please focus on open issues, rather than a
     status update): The presentation proposes a life-cycle for 
autonomic functions and describes what common management components are 
needed to support the deployment and operation of autonomic functions in 
the ANIMA framework, and how they could be mapped wrt. the ANI.

_Slot #3_
     -Name of time slot: ANIMA Intent Policy.
     -Name of draft(s): draft-du-anima-an-intent-03
     -Time requested: 10 minutes (+enough time to discuss with the WG 
about way forward)
     -Presenter name(s): One of the I-D authors.
     -Brief description of what issues need discussing and what you hope to
     accomplish by presenting (please focus on open issues, rather than a
     status update): Update on the definition and use of Intent in the 
ANIMA framework and discuss way forward.

Thanks, best regards, Laurent.

On 28/06/2016 16:35, Sheng Jiang wrote:
> Hi, all anima,
>
> We have requested two sessions of 2 hour + 2 hour for the ANIMA WG meeting for IETF-96 (Berlin, Germany) and are starting to collect agenda items for these sessions. Same with previous IETF meetings, we do not reserve the second session for non-charter work items. It says the charter work item would have priority. We will only discuss non-charter work items till we finish charter work items. However, we do have a longer second session. So, hopefully, we could have more time for discussion of non-charter work items. The priority among these non-charter work items would be: these that have active discussion in mail list,
> then these have submitted drafts, and topics without drafts.
>
> Please send us (anima-chairs at tools.ietf.org) requests for sessions by March 3rd, Thursday (IETF requests the preliminary agenda by July 6th, Wednesday) and include:
> Name of time slot:
> Name of draft(s):
> Time requested:
> Presenter name(s):
> Brief description of what issues need discussing and what you hope to
> accomplish by presenting (please focus on open issues, rather than a
> status update):
>
> More details about the IETF 96, Berlin, Germany can be found at:
> http://www.ietf.org/meeting/96/index.html
>
> Again, presenters and draft authors please invoke active discussions in
> the ANIMA list. We have very limited time for each topic in the
> face-to-face meeting. Mail list is a very good place to discuss and reach
> consensus on technical issues.
>
> Best regards,
>
> Toerless & Sheng
> _______________________________________________
> Anima mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/anima
>