Subject: [Anima] Autonomic prefix management

From: Brian E Carpenter <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 1 Nov 2016 14:33:10 +1300

Hi,

We haven't updated draft-ietf-anima-prefix-management for
this meeting and haven't requested a slot for it. However,
it's important work that needs to be finished. At the moment,
the main issue is that the section on Intent needs to be
improved.

1) It uses some made-up notation for Intent. The WG probably
needs to make a decision about how to write down Intent. Personally
I think the arguments for using YANG are very strong, but of course
that needs a discussion.

2) It makes an assumption that the relevant Intent is distributed
as a dedicated GRASP objective called "Intent.PrefixManager". We
don't actually have agreement on that approach to distributing
Intent.

3) It assumes a certain specific level of detail for Intent,
down to statements like {"prefix_length": "34"}. I have no idea
if there is consensus that this is the right level of detail.
(However, if not, the question is open how the prefix manager
would decide what length of prefix to assign.)

I think the authors need feedback before can continue work on
this.

Regards
   Brian