Subject: Re: [Anima] Fwd: Re: [homenet] write up of time without clocks

From: Michael Richardson <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 23 Dec 2016 11:12:29 -0500

{did I send this?}

Brian E Carpenter <[email-masked]> wrote:
    > Something over on homenet prompted me to send the following. I do have
    > the same concern for BRSKI - what's the disaster recovery mechanism
    > when all vendor MASAs are unreachable but we must restart the network
    > anyway?

I think it's been said further down in the thread, but BRSKI does not run
on "restart", it runs on "first boot", so unless the disaster entails doing
full factory resets there is no problem.

If the disaster involves replacing equipment that was destroyed, then we
do what we already know we have to do: we build the network trust up in
concentrics rings around the Registrar.

I agree that it's during a disaster that we most need autonomic networking,
because it lets less skilled people bring up networks, removing a major
human resource bottleneck.

(I wonder how we could get funding from the various emergency preparedness
agencies)

    > Things need to just work during disaster recovery.

    >     Brian

--
Michael Richardson <[email-masked]>, Sandelman Software Works
 -= IPv6 IoT consulting =-