Subject: [Anima] draft-ietf-anima-reference-model-04

From: "Michael H. Behringer" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 4 Jul 2017 13:31:34 +0200

As promised, here the new version of the reference model draft. I'll be 
submitting in a minute, the github repo already has it: 
https://github.com/mbehring/ANIMA-Reference-Model/blob/master/draft-ietf-anima-reference-model-04.txt. 
The diff is attached for easy consumption.

As suggested by Brian, I re-read the draft, and changed the general 
wording in some places regarding "work in progress", etc. I now call 
this AN phase 1, and explain that there may be more phases.

Changed the security section almost completely, taking into account the 
comments received. Specifically, pointing out the threats on the ACP. I 
was about to add a comparison to the security of the routing system, but 
in the end decided against. Folks - please review and let me know how 
this reads.

In the security section we had the phrase: "AN messages are liable to be 
exposed to third parties on any unprotected Layer 2 link." I think this 
is only true for specific discovery-like messages like GRASP M_FLOOD, 
but by default most AN messages are inside the ACP and thus encrypted. 
So I suggest to change this rather scary sounding sentence, and point 
out that only  specific messages are unprotected, and point to section 
2.5.2 of the GRASP draft.

Updated a few references, editorial stuff, etc.

I suggest the draft is ready for WGLC, and would request the chairs to 
issue that call.

Michael