Subject: [Anima] ANIMA: new version: draft-ietf-anima-autonomic-data-plane-12

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 13 Oct 2017 23:55:44 +0200

Dear ANIMA WG.

I just uploaded subject draft. I think the draft is now code complete and
i would like to ask my co-chair for WG last call.

It is also terminology/spell checked. Most of the changes where derived
from Shengs thorough review, pls. see those details from the separate mail
i sent in reply of that review.

Details about changes in changelog, quick summary:

- removed claim from -10/11 to update RFC4291,RFC4193 based on MichaelR
  suggestion, lets see if IESG/IETF review will bring up the request to do so.
- range of terminology improvements. Replaced "AN foobar" with "ACP foobar"
  because "AN foobar" was implying that the nodes would have to be (fully)
  autonomic), which is not true (wanted to specifically allow implementors
  to be able to implement ONLY ACP if they want to).
- Device -> node, physical -> native (interface), because "physical interface"
  is not very intuitive for virtual ACP nodes so text now should
  be a lot better agnostic of physical vs. virtual ACP routers.
- Fixes to section mentioning EST/RFC7030 to renew certificate after discussion
  with Max et.al. GRASP objective is now called "SRV.est" for this. See also
  complete IANA section for description why.
- fixed explanation of loopback interfaces.
- A few small fixups ended up being larger informational new text:
  - 10.2 diagnostics. From my operational experience i can guarantee
    that no ANI implementation will fly without a lot of this diagnostics.
  - 10.3 How to enable/disable ACP/ANI global/per-interface and why
    (including the suggestion how to avoid interfaces being shut down by
     operators to impact ACP). Likewise i have a hard time imagining good
     ACP implementations that do not take a lot of care of these aspects correctly.
  - 10.8 how ACP could be modified through future work. No too long, but
    docussed on what i have seen interest in.

http://tools.ietf.org/tools/rfcdiff/rfcdiff.pyht?url1=https://tools.ietf.org/id/draft-ietf-anima-autonomic-control-plane-11.txt&url2=https://tools.ietf.org/id/draft-ietf-anima-autonomic-control-plane-12.txt

Cheers
    Toerless