Subject: [Anima] I-D Action: draft-ietf-anima-stable-connectivity-07.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2017 21:22:46 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Autonomic Networking Integrated Model and Approach WG of the IETF.

        Title           : Using Autonomic Control Plane for Stable Connectivity of Network OAM
        Authors         : Toerless Eckert
                          Michael H. Behringer
	Filename        : draft-ietf-anima-stable-connectivity-07.txt
	Pages           : 22
	Date            : 2017-10-18

Abstract:
   OAM (Operations, Administration and Maintenance - as per BCP161,
   (RFC6291) processes for data networks are often subject to the
   problem of circular dependencies when relying on connectivity
   provided by the network to be managed for the OAM purposes.

   Provisioning while bringing up devices and networks tends to be more
   difficult to automate than service provisioning later on, changes in
   core network functions impacting reachability cannot be automated
   because of ongoing connectivity requirements for the OAM equipment
   itself, and widely used OAM protocols are not secure enough to be
   carried across the network without security concerns.

   This document describes how to integrate OAM processes with the
   autonomic control plane (ACP) in Autonomic Networks (AN) in order to
   provide stable and secure connectivity for those OAM processes.  This
   connectivity is not subject to aforementioned circular dependencies.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-anima-stable-connectivity/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-anima-stable-connectivity-07
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-anima-stable-connectivity-07

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-anima-stable-connectivity-07

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/