Subject: [Anima] New I-D for OCSP over DNS

From: "Dr. Pala" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 27 Oct 2017 15:11:03 -0600

Hello all,

As suggested by some people from other WGs, I just wanted to cross-post 
this message here since the proposal heavily rely on DNS and can be 
leveraged in many different environments (e.g., Server and Client 
(browsers) authentication, document validation, IoT identities, etc.) 
and we would like to receive feedback from anybody who might be 
interested in the topic.

*Context. *We are currently working on specifying how to use DNS as a 
transport protocol for revocation information for digital certificates. 
In particular, we are working on how to leverage the distributed nature 
of DNS to efficiently (and possibly at a lower operational costs) 
distribute OCSP (Online Certificate Status Protocol) responses to 
applications/devices/etc.

*Current Status.* We started this work sometime ago but never really had 
the time to finish it. Now it seems we can focus more on the topic and 
would like to discuss this work in a more public venue. We have recently 
updated the two competing I-D we submitted sometime ago into the latest 
reference I-D that is available here:

https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-pala-odin/

Please feel free to contact us for any help (you might require or you 
might provide), feedback, etc.

Thanks,
Max

-- 
Best Regards,
Massimiliano Pala, Ph.D.
OpenCA Labs Director
OpenCA Logo