Subject: [Anima] constrained voucher document

From: Michael Richardson <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 Jan 2018 16:25:48 -0500

ANIMA WG chairs, I'd like to ask the WG to consider adopting:
    > https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-richardson-anima-ace-constrained-voucher/

This document is an evolution of the draft-ietf-anima-voucher document which
is now having final touches put to it.  Over in 6tisch, I thought we could
handle the constrained voucher format ourselves, but it turns out that we can
not because there are too many variations desired.

Does it fit into ANIMA?  I'm conflicted, but it seems like the best place.
There are some BCC's which I hope will result in some discussion.

We wound up creating the following chart to explain things:

   http://www.sandelman.ca/tmp/technology-components-v2.svg

The above document represents the "constrained voucher (CBOR)" document
which lives in the yellow and pink headings.

It might be signed by COSE (in 6tisch), or by CMS (in ACE and other places).
It this duality which forces us to write a more generic document.
The above document is extracted from already well edited text.

I would like to transform the above diagram into a roadmap document,
perhaps under the IOT-DIR that explains how the various enrollment
processes work.  I think that such a document could be AD-sponsored.

I think that I can write the document pretty quickly as it just an
informational document that explains what's in each box. (Will I use SVG art
in the roadmap document? Probably not, because colour is not accepted, so
there is little to be gained over ascii art version)

--
Michael Richardson <[email-masked]>, Sandelman Software Works
 -= IPv6 IoT consulting =-