Subject: [Anima] implementer question about BRSKI telemetry return(s)

From: Michael Richardson <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 17 May 2019 15:12:40 -0400

Max, Thomas,

I've just opened issue:
     https://github.com/anima-wg/anima-bootstrap/issues/130

5.9.4 Enrollment Status Telemetry says:
   In the case of a SUCCESS the Reason string is omitted. The
   SubjectKeyIdentifier is included so that the server can record the
   successful certificate distribution.

the section does not explain how the SubjectKeyIdentifier is communicated to
the server.  It could be taken from the new TLSClientCertificate, if we mean
that, we should probably say so.

The section is also vague as to server; whether it means JRC or MASA.
I think it means the Registrar, but reading the section alone (out of
context) makes one wonder.

I've now realized that I have probably confused enroll_status (5.9) and
voucher_status (5.7) in my brain.  I was thinking that the voucher_status
gets sent back to the MASA.  It is not, we would seem to basically signal to
the MASA that the voucher was accepted by asking for the audit log.

That's fine in a success situation, but not as useful in a fail situation.
I feel that we are missing something here.

--
Michael Richardson <[email-masked]>, Sandelman Software Works
 -= IPv6 IoT consulting =-