Subject: [Anima] Nomcom 2020-2021 Second Call For Volunteers

From: Sheng Jiang <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Jun 2020 01:44:41 +0000

Hi, all,

This is the second sending of the call for volunteers for the 2020-2021 NomCom.

I wanted to mention a few updates from the previous email (sent 2 weeks ago):

- I've fixed the URL at the bottom of the email to point to https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__datatracker.ietf.org_nomcom_2020_&d=DwIDaQ&c=LFYZ-o9_HUMeMTSQicvjIg&r=LoGzhC-8sc8SY8Tq4vrfog&m=ZsNIRqCxjDeOYYDNalOSHcuwQG23wBJtxzmEnsbPBtI&s=NgIu-7Ij0nEdsFcbJOLcl2M56RxyREhLAtcaHLatD34&e=

instead of /2019/. This was a test to see if anyone was paying attention. Apparently, some people were. ;)

- The IETF 108 registration form includes a checkbox that will let you volunteer. You can use this instead of emailing me, when you register for IETF 108.

- I currently have 39 volunteers. Last year had 149. I need more volunteers!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The IETF NomCom appoints people to fill the open slots on the LLC, IETF Trust, the IAB, and the IESG.

Ten voting members for the NomCom are selected in a verifiably random way from a pool of volunteers. The more volunteers, the better chance we have of choosing a random yet representative cross section of the IETF population.

The details of the operation of the NomCom can be found in BCP 10 (RFC 8713). RFC 3797 details the selection algorithm.

Special for this year (and only this year), we also have RFC 8788 (one-off update to RFC 8713 / BCP 10) to tell us who is eligible to

volunteer:

     Members of the IETF community must have attended at least three of

     the last five in-person IETF meetings in order to volunteer.

     The five meetings are the five most recent in-person meetings that

     ended prior to the date on which the solicitation for NomCom

     volunteers was submitted for distribution to the IETF community.

     Because no IETF 107 in-person meeting was held, for the 2020-2021

     Nominating Committee those five meetings are IETFs

       102 [Montreal, Canada; July 2018],

       103 [Bangkok, Thailand; November 2018],

       104 [Prague, Czech Republic; March 2019],

       105 [Montreal, Canada; July 2019], and

       106 [Singapore; November 2019].

Keep in mind that eligibility is based on in-person attendance at the five listed meetings. You can check your eligibility at:
https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__www.ietf.org_registration_nomcom.py&d=DwIDaQ&c=LFYZ-o9_HUMeMTSQicvjIg&r=LoGzhC-8sc8SY8Tq4vrfog&m=ZsNIRqCxjDeOYYDNalOSHcuwQG23wBJtxzmEnsbPBtI&s=7_9x9PPoUIajJs2AnUFYg0KnEg8gkD3Jnwf1v079EQo&e

Sheng + Toerless