Subject: [Anima] I-D Action: draft-ietf-anima-brski-ae-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 06 Apr 2022 07:12:18 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Autonomic Networking Integrated Model and Approach WG of the IETF.

        Title           : BRSKI-AE: Alternative Enrollment Protocols in BRSKI
        Authors         : David von Oheimb
                          Steffen Fries
                          Hendrik Brockhaus
                          Eliot Lear
	Filename        : draft-ietf-anima-brski-ae-01.txt
	Pages           : 30
	Date            : 2022-04-06

Abstract:
   This document enhances Bootstrapping Remote Secure Key Infrastructure
   (BRSKI, RFC 8995) to allow employing alternative enrollment
   protocols, such as CMP.

   Using self-contained signed objects, the origin of enrollment
   requests and responses can be authenticated independently of message
   transfer.  This supports end-to-end security and asynchronous
   operation of certificate enrollment and provides flexibility where to
   authenticate and authorize certification requests.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-anima-brski-ae/

There is also an htmlized version available at:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-anima-brski-ae-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-anima-brski-ae-01

Internet-Drafts are also available by rsync at rsync.ietf.org::internet-drafts

---

From: David von Oheimb <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 6 Apr 2022 18:56:34 +0200

As announced at IETF 113, Hendrik, Steffen and I have meanwhile closed
the open TBD 
regarding detail on the CMP instance of BRSKI-AE, which we propose to
call BRSKI-CMP.

Today I've been able to publish the next version of the draft,
which after renaming resides
at https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-anima-brski-ae

A diff of the current version (which is -01 after I had to submit a
fixup of -00
and the version was reset to -00 due to changing the title)
with the preceding
one https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-anima-brski-async-enroll-05
can be found
at https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-anima-brski-ae-00.

There is also a PDF version that includes a neat protocol overview
graphics at 
https://github.com/anima-wg/anima-brski-ae/blob/main/draft-ietf-anima-brski-ae.pdf
Due to IMO extreme limitations on the structure of SVG input
I was unable to keep the graphics in the submitted version -
details on this may be found
at https://github.com/anima-wg/anima-brski-ae/issues/22.

The contents of the current version should be pretty stable already, not
far from being ready for WGLC.
On behalf of all authors of this draft, I ask those interested in the
topic on feedback on this version.

 David