Subject: [Anima] I-D Action: draft-ietf-anima-constrained-voucher-17.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 07 Apr 2022 07:57:16 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Autonomic Networking Integrated Model and Approach WG of the IETF.

        Title           : Constrained Bootstrapping Remote Secure Key Infrastructure (BRSKI)
        Authors         : Michael Richardson
                          Peter van der Stok
                          Panos Kampanakis
                          Esko Dijk
	Filename        : draft-ietf-anima-constrained-voucher-17.txt
	Pages           : 80
	Date            : 2022-04-07

Abstract:
   This document defines the Constrained Bootstrapping Remote Secure Key
   Infrastructure (Constrained BRSKI) protocol, which provides a
   solution for secure zero-touch bootstrapping of resource-constrained
   (IoT) devices into the network of a domain owner.  This protocol is
   designed for constrained networks, which may have limited data
   throughput or may experience frequent packet loss.  Constrained BRSKI
   is a variant of the BRSKI protocol, which uses an artifact signed by
   the device manufacturer called the "voucher" which enables a new
   device and the owner's network to mutually authenticate.  While the
   BRSKI voucher is typically encoded in JSON, Constrained BRSKI defines
   a compact CBOR-encoded voucher.  The BRSKI voucher is extended with
   new data types that allow for smaller voucher sizes.  The Enrollment
   over Secure Transport (EST) protocol, used in BRSKI, is replaced with
   EST-over-CoAPS; and HTTPS used in BRSKI is replaced with CoAPS.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-anima-constrained-voucher/

There is also an HTML version available at:
https://www.ietf.org/archive/id/draft-ietf-anima-constrained-voucher-17.html

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-anima-constrained-voucher-17

Internet-Drafts are also available by rsync at rsync.ietf.org::internet-drafts

---

From: Michael Richardson <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 07 Apr 2022 11:11:46 -0400

> https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-anima-constrained-voucher-17

Hi, we've submitted -17 this morning.
It removes two "???"/TBD sections, which you can see in the diff.

In the diff, you'll see: "WARNING, obsolete definitions", which is a bug in
pyang.  I submitted a patch, which is in 2.5.3, but I hadn't updated my
desktop yet when I submitted.

In the diff section 14.2: "IDevID security in Pledge" was filled in.

Section 5 "Updates to RFC8366 and RFC8995" has been filled out.
(I see one formatting goof that I'll fix)

--
Michael Richardson <[email-masked]>   . o O ( IPv6 IøT consulting )
           Sandelman Software Works Inc, Ottawa and Worldwide

---

From: Michael Richardson <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 07 Apr 2022 11:28:57 -0400

> Hi, we've submitted -17 this morning.

To be clear, -17 is ready for WGLC.