Subject: [Ans-research] The Charter

From: "Elizabeth M. Belding-Royer" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 8 Apr 2003 09:11:40 -0700 (PDT)

It is my understanding that IRTF group charters do not have
to be "strictly" adhered to in the sense that IETF charters 
do.  In that sense, you can take the charter goal of scalable
ad hoc networks rather loosely.  So then, any ideas that will
help improve the scalability of ad hoc networks are welcome.
Hence, cross-layer interactions, addressing mechanisms, protocols
(new or rehashed), etc. are all welcome ideas if the end goal
is to improve the scalability of the network (of course, what
scalable means is what we are still working on).

Another point to note is that scalability can be looked at
in a number of different areas.  Routing, QoS, reliability,
etc. are all important topics because they can also affect the
scalability of the network.  So Sukanta was right when he said
no topics have really received a red flag, except for security.
As long as the focus of the group remains narrow enough that 
we are still able to make progress then I think we are headed
in the right direction.

Elizabeth

_______________________________________________
Ans-research mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ans-research