Subject: Thoughts on start of a draft

From: John Angelmo <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2008 16:37:55 -0600

Hello

I have written a what looks like a good start for a draft and I am 
looking for input.

The thought is that it's difficult for cellphones, media players and 
from time to time even via a normal browser on a computer hard to find 
and play streaming media.
My thought is to index streams per site via xml.
One example is Swedish site SR: http://www.sr.se 45 difrent streams each 
with two diffrent codecs and diffrent bandwidth choises, not easy to 
find and you might not know what codec you have installed or what 
quality/bandwith you can use.

Either your search engine can index and present the diffrent channels or 
you can just surf with your media player to a specific site.

I have a few problems that I need some help on:
* Should icons be used? and if at what size? Displays are anything from 
cellphones to 1080p tv's (and higher resolution possible)
* defining codecs as a text that the mediaplayer/browser should interpet?
* bandwidth, should it be flexible and use both kbit and mbit?
* since bandwidth can be defined, should resolution also be defined?

I am very new to this and I hope that I don't step on anyones toes.

The schema and example is written in Relax NG compact

http://shinji.veidit.net/rfc/draft-angelmo-avd-00.xml
http://shinji.veidit.net/rfc/draft-angelmo-avd-00.html
http://shinji.veidit.net/rfc/draft-angelmo-avd-00.txt

During the coming month I hope to improve the schema and listen to input.

Kind Regards
John Angelmo

_______________________________________________
Apps-Discuss mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/apps-discuss