Subject: new URN discussion list

From: Peter Saint-Andre <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 06 Apr 2010 14:25:36 -0600

As a venue for discussion about possible revisions to the definition of
Uniform Resource Names (URNs), the IETF Applications Area has created a
new email list [email-masked], to which you can subscribe as follows:

https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/urn

mailto:[email-masked]?body=subscribe

Please note that the [email-masked] list is for discussion regarding the
definition of URNs. We shall continue to use the [email-masked] list
for review of Namespace Identifiers (NIDs).

Peter

-- 
Peter Saint-Andre
https://stpeter.im/

---

From: Alfred Hönes <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 Apr 2010 10:36:05 +0200 (MESZ)

[[ apologies for cross-posting once more;
   please direct follow-up messages to [email-masked] -- thanks!  ]]

At Tue, 06 Apr 2010 14:25:36 -0600, Peter Saint-Andre
  <stpeter at stpeter.im>  wrote:

> new email list urn at ietf.org, to which you can subscribe as follows:
>
> mailto:urn-request at ietf.org?body=subscribe
>
> Please note that the urn at ietf.org list is for discussion
> regarding the definition of URNs. We shall continue to use the
> urn-nid at ietf.org list for review of Namespace Identifiers (NIDs).

Please note that, accordingly, discussion now should happen
on [email-masked] regarding:

-  the draft charter for a "URNbis" WG (target: BoF at IETF 78)
   (first draft to be submitted soon) and

-  the following Internet-Drafts:

   o  draft-ah-rfc2141bis-urn
      (updated definition of the 'URN' URI Scheme, revision of RFC 2141
      -- the -01 draft version will point to the new list),

   o  draft-hakala-rfc3187bis-isbn-urn
      (revised URN namespace definition for 'ISBN' including ISNB-13
      -- the -01 draft version will point to the new list),

   o  draft-hakala-rfc3188bis-nbn-urn
      (revised URN namespace definition for 'NBN',
       -00 version to be submitted soon).

The appropriate functional lists (uri-review and urn-nid) will be
consulted again as soon as the process has advanced enough,
according to RFC 4395 (BCP 35) and RFC 3406 (BCP 66), respectively.

Kind regards,
  Alfred Hönes.

-- 

+------------------------+--------------------------------------------+
| TR-Sys Alfred Hoenes   |  Alfred Hoenes   Dipl.-Math., Dipl.-Phys.  |
| Gerlinger Strasse 12   |  Phone: (+49)7156/9635-0, Fax: -18         |
| D-71254  Ditzingen     |  E-Mail:  [email-masked]                     |
+------------------------+--------------------------------------------+