Subject: Re: New Version Notification for draft-hakala-rfc3187bis-isbn-urn-00 (fwd)

From: Leslie Daigle <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 02 Apr 2010 18:17:00 -0400

Hi Alfred,

Since this update will be processed using the "newer" NID process, 
outlined in 3406, it does need to have "Namespace Considerations" and 
"Community Considerations" sections.  I realize much of the material is 
covered implicitly, but it needs to be called out and addressed 
explicitly in sections of those names.

Thanks,
Leslie.

Alfred � wrote:
> Folks,
> we have posted a RFC 3187-bis initial draft (see below).
> 
> This work is part of the PersID project to establish an international
> network of stable resolution services for Persistent Identifiers (URNs),
> in particular for Bibliographic identifiers.
> 
> To give this work a more solid ground, updates to the basic URN-related
> documents (RFC 2141 and RFC 3406) and URN namespace-specific RFCs are
> planned, and brought to the IETF, in order to bring these documents
> in alignment with current IETF Full Standards and IANA procedures.
> 
> The ultimate goal is to establish a dedicated 'urnbis' WG in the IETF,
> hopefully by this summer, with an ambitious schedule to bring revised
> documents initially targetting PS / BCP status to the IESG, with the
> goal of fast progression of RFC 2141-bis on the Standards Track.
> 
> 
> Kind regards,
>   Alfred H�nes.
> 

-- 

-------------------------------------------------------------------
"Reality:
      Yours to discover."
                                 -- ThinkingCat
Leslie Daigle
[email-masked]
-------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: Alfred Hönes <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 5 Apr 2010 13:47:45 +0200 (MESZ)

> "Community Considerations" sections.  I realize much of the material
> is covered implicitly, but it needs to be called out and addressed

Good catch; thanks!

This indeed is the -00 individual draft version posted to start
discussion and attract interested parties and individuals, and
as fodder for the IETF WG installation process planned by PersID
with my editorial and procedural support, so I did not expect it
to be perfect at the first time.  :-)

Kind regards,
  Alfred.

P.S. (at large):
   Please direct follow-up messages to  run-nid AT ietf.org,
   as indicated in the draft; thanks!