Subject: Alexey's Apps Area Activity Report for April-May 2010

From: Alexey Melnikov <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 21 May 2010 17:58:58 +0100

May 25-26 - IESG retreat. Then holidays for about 10 days.

Document Status and Progress:

Peter took over shepherding of the following documents (inherited from Lisa)
- draft-giralt-schac-ns (Informational) - new revision needed
- draft-rosen-urn-nena (Informational) - new revision needed

Active documents, my action:
- draft-daboo-srv-email (Proposed Standard) - need to address one 
remaining issue from David Harrington
- draft-duerst-mailto-bis - IESG review ended, no DISCUSSes on the 
document. I need to double check that all necessary changes were 
applied, then request document approval
- draft-saintandre-tls-server-id-check (Proposed Standard) - need to 
review the latest version
- draft-daboo-srv-caldav-03 (Proposed Standard) - need to perform AD review
draft-loreto-http-bidirectional-02 (Informational) - need to perform AD 
review
- draft-elie-nntp-list-additions-03.txt - need to perform AD review 
before deciding if I am going to sponsor this document
- draft-hethmon-mcmurray-ftp-hosts (Proposed Standard) - need to review 
the latest version and IETF LC feedback
- draft-denenberg-mods-etc-media-types (Proposed Standard) - need to 
help the author address DISCUSSes from IESG
- draft-ietf-tsvwg-iana-ports (BCP) - need to re-review the latest 
changes, then TSVWG WGLC
- draft-gudmundsson-dns-srv-iana-registry - need to re-review

Active documents, waiting on others:
- draft-ietf-eai-mailinglist (Experimental) - waiting for document 
write-up and a new revision
- draft-larmouth-oid-iri (Proposed Standard) - took over the document
from Lisa, new revision needed
- draft-cridland-acap-vendor-registry (Proposed Standard) - New revision
needed (since 2009-11-28!)
- draft-desruisseaux-caldav-sched (Proposed Standard) - performed AD
review, new revision needed (since 2009-10-11!)
draft-zeilenga-ldap-dontusecopy (Proposed Standard) - performed AD
review, new revision needed
- draft-dawkins-ldapext-subnot - performed informal review
- draft-burnett-pronunciation-alphabet-registry (None) - waiting for
authors to address comments from a Language Tag expert reviewer (Doug Ewell)

Active documents in IETF LC or IESG review:
- draft-ietf-eai-mailinglist (Experimental) - in IETF LC
- draft-kucherawy-authres-header-b (Proposed Standard) - in IETF LC
- draft-freed-sieve-notary (Proposed Standard) - in Second IETF LC - 
some major changes after SecDir feedback
- rfc4049 (Experimental --> Proposed Standard) - in IETF LC
- draft-santoni-media-type-tsd (Informational) - in IETF LC

In RFC Editor's queue:
- draft-ietf-marf-base (Proposed Standard) - approved for publication
- draft-reschke-webdav-post (Proposed Standard) - approved for publication
- draft-altman-tls-channel-bindings (Proposed Standard)
- draft-roach-sip-http-subscribe (Proposed Standard)
- draft-nottingham-http-link-header (Proposed Standard)
- draft-reschke-rfc2231-in-http (Proposed Standard)
- draft-ietf-morg-sortdisplay (Proposed Standard)
- draft-ietf-vcarddav-carddav (Proposed Standard) - blocked on a 
normative reference
- draft-ietf-yam-rfc1652bis (Standard) - temporarily blocked on 
5321bis/5322bis

Published as RFCs:
- draft-ietf-eai-downgraded-display (Experimental) - RFC 5825
- draft-gould-rfc4310bis (Proposed Standard) - RFC 5910
- draft-allbery-afs-srv-records (Proposed Standard) - RFC 5864
- draft-ietf-webdav-bind (Experimental) - RFC 5842
- draft-reschke-rfc2731bis (Informational) - RFC 5791

List of DISCUSSes I am currently holding:

Old:
draft-drage-sipping-service-identification-03.txt
draft-gennai-smime-cnipa-pec-06.txt
draft-ietf-dhc-dhcpv4-vendor-message-01.txt - also took over Pasi's DISCUSS
draft-ietf-dhc-dhcpv6-vendor-message-01.txt

New or recently updated (last 4 weeks):
draft-lawrence-sipforum-user-agent-config-01.txt
draft-ietf-keyprov-symmetrickeyformat-08.txt
draft-ietf-sipping-config-framework-17.txt
draft-ietf-netmod-yang-12.txt
draft-ietf-sipcore-info-events-08.txt
draft-ietf-mext-flow-binding-06.txt
draft-ietf-mediactrl-sip-control-framework-11.txt
draft-ietf-mediactrl-ivr-control-package-08.txt
draft-ietf-mediactrl-mixer-control-package-11.txt
draft-ietf-keyprov-dskpp-11.txt
draft-ietf-csi-send-cert-03.txt
draft-ietf-keyprov-pskc-06.txt
draft-ietf-dhc-dhcpv6-opt-netboot-08.txt

Cleared DISCUSSes:
draft-ietf-geopriv-geo-uri-04.txt
draft-ietf-pkix-new-asn1-07.txt
draft-moriarty-post-inch-rid-10.txt
draft-mraihi-inch-thraud-09.txt

Other activities/actions:

Done:
- DECADE WG got chartered
- Found new Apps Area Review Team Leader (together with Peter)
- performed IESG review of independent submissions: 
draft-meadors-ediint-features-header-06.txt and 
draft-sharikov-idn-reg-04.txt
- Pinged IANA regarding status of draft-ietf-idnabis-*. Documents are 
being finally edited by RFC Editor.

Ongoing:
- Need to finish iMIP draft [ietf-calsify-rfc2447bis] (my own document)
- Sieve WG is being rechartered to take on more work
- EAI WG is being rechartered to move various Experimental documents to 
Standard Track
- Discussing NewPrep WG chartering with Peter (Peter is going to be the 
responsible AD)
- verified/rejected several errata items (mostly 
EDIINT/crisp/email/LDAP/vcard related)
- requested IESG pre-evaluation of 
draft-ietf-yam-5321bis-smtp-pre-evaluation
- discussing FTPEXT BOF in Maastricht
- discussing merger of SASL & Kitten WGs (Security Area) and the new 
charter of the combined WG (as in individual)
- agreed to help with "X- prefixes considered harmful" document 
(together with Peter)
- Pontificating about various IESG procedures inside IESG (mostly in 
discussions with new ADs)

My action:
- Need to review OAuth document regarding possible reuse of SCRAM
- Need to post 4954bis (SMTP AUTH) in order to start moving it to Draft
Standard
- draft-ietf-sieve-external-lists (my own document) - updated once, but 
it needs another update before WGLC. Thanks to Barry Leiba for picking 
this up.
- SIP Sieve notify (my own document) - needs refreshing

Waiting for others:
- Suggestion to move LMTP to Standard Track (Ned Freed agreed to update
the document, then responded that John Myers is interested to do this
himself. Chris Newman agreed to shepherd it)
- Suggestion to convert MIME BNF to ABNF and publish as a separate
draft (Ned Freed agreed to do this)

WG status:
- DECADE just got chartered
- EAI - discussions about new WG charter
- HTTPBIS - steady progress - working through issues on 2616bis.
- MARF submitted the first document for IESG review, some discussions 
about my AD review of the document
- MORG - quiet
- HYBI - lots of discussions about requirements on the protocol, 
discussion about which version of the protocol draft to accept as -00, 
discussions about WG process (issue tracking, etc.)
- YAM - 5321bis pre-evaluation document went to IESG for review. Some 
discussions about pre-evaluation documents for 5322bis, MIME.