Subject: [apps-discuss] New Version Notification - draft-gudmundsson-dnsext-srv-clarify-01.txt (fwd)

From: Alfred Hönes <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 30 Jun 2010 20:16:20 +0200 (MESZ)

My apologies for cross-posting,
but this is inherently a cross-wg and cross-area topic:

The revised draft contains clarifications for DNS service discovery
using SRV RRs and suggests methods to deal with the restrictions
imposed by draft-ietf-tsvwg-iana-ports.  It is intended that both
drafts will eventually be published in a coordinated manner.

Abstract

   The DNS SRV record has been specified in RFC 2052 and RFC 2782 for
   use in dynamic service discovery for a domain.  These two RFCs did
   not clearly specify an IANA registry for the names of the services
   and their underlying protocols.  This document clarifies RFC 2782
   regarding the formation and use of the Service Prefix in the owner
   name of SRV records, based on the unified IANA registry for "Service
   Names and Transport Protocol Port Numbers".

Kind regards,
  Alfred Hönes.

-- 

+------------------------+--------------------------------------------+
| TR-Sys Alfred Hoenes   |  Alfred Hoenes   Dipl.-Math., Dipl.-Phys.  |
| Gerlinger Strasse 12   |  Phone: (+49)7156/9635-0, Fax: -18         |
| D-71254  Ditzingen     |  E-Mail:  [email-masked]                     |
+------------------------+--------------------------------------------+

----- Forwarded message from [email-masked] -----

> From: [email-masked]
> Message-Id: <[email-masked]>
> Date: Wed, 30 Jun 2010 11:00:01 -0700 (PDT)
> Subject: New Version Notification -
>          draft-gudmundsson-dnsext-srv-clarify-01.txt

> New version (-01) has been submitted for
>   draft-gudmundsson-dnsext-srv-clarify-01.txt.
>
> http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-gudmundsson-dnsext-srv-clarify-01.txt
>
>
> Diff from previous version:
> http://tools.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-gudmundsson-dnsext-srv-clarify-01
>
> IETF Secretariat.
>

----- End of forwarded message from [email-masked] -----