Subject: [apps-discuss] Alexey's Apps Area Activity Report for August-October 2010

From: Alexey Melnikov <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 24 Oct 2010 20:35:02 +0100

Document Status and Progress:

Active documents, my action:
- draft-merrick-jms-uri-09 (Informational) - need to check the newly 
proposed IANA consideration section
- draft-saintandre-tls-server-id-check (Proposed Standard) - need to
review the latest version in order to decide if another IETF LC is needed
- draft-hethmon-mcmurray-ftp-hosts (Proposed Standard) - need to finish 
chartering FTPEXT2 WG, which will work on this document
- draft-ietf-tsvwg-iana-ports (BCP) - need to re-review the latest
changes. TSVWG WGLC will happen in parallel.
- draft-gudmundsson-dns-srv-iana-registry - need to re-review once 
draft-ietf-tsvwg-iana-ports is done.
draft-gudmundsson-dnsext-srv-clarify - need to re-review once 
draft-ietf-tsvwg-iana-ports is done.
- draft-denenberg-mods-etc-media-types (Proposed Standard) - need to
help the author address DISCUSSes from IESG

Active documents, waiting on others:
- draft-burnett-pronunciation-alphabet-registry (None) - waiting for
authors to address comments from a Language Tag expert reviewer (Doug
Ewell). Assuming the document is dead.
- draft-desruisseaux-caldav-sched (Proposed Standard) - performed AD
review, new revision needed (since 2009-10-11!)
- draft-holsten-about-uri-scheme-04 - performed AD review, new revision 
needed
- draft-ietf-morg-list-specialuse-02 - performed AD review, new revision 
is needed
- draft-zeilenga-ldap-dontusecopy (Proposed Standard) - approved by 
IESG, but a new revision is needed to address various editorial comments
- draft-loreto-http-bidirectional-02 (Informational) - performed AD
review, new revision is needed
- draft-larmouth-oid-iri (Proposed Standard) - took over the document
from Lisa, new revision needed

Active documents in IETF LC or IESG review:
draft-lundberg-app-tei-xml-06 (Informational) - in IESG review

In RFC Editor's queue:
- draft-cridland-acap-vendor-registry (Proposed Standard) - approved by IESG
- draft-davis-u-langtag-ext (Informational)
- draft-presuhn-rfc2482-historic (Informational) - in AUTH48
- draft-elie-nntp-list-additions (Proposed Standard) - in AUTH48
- draft-ietf-eai-frmwrk-4952bis (Infromational) - blocked on completion 
of various EAI documents
- draft-nottingham-http-link-header (Proposed Standard) - in AUTH48. 
Getting closure on the last remaining issue about licensing for the IANA 
registry.
- draft-roach-sip-http-subscribe (Proposed Standard) - in AUTH48, 
blocked on draft-nottingham-http-link-header
- draft-daboo-srv-caldav (Proposed Standard) - blocked on 
draft-saintandre-tls-server-id-check
- draft-daboo-srv-email (Proposed Standard) - blocked on 
draft-saintandre-tls-server-id-check
- draft-ietf-vcarddav-carddav (Proposed Standard) - blocked on a
normative reference (vCard 4.0)
- draft-ietf-yam-rfc1652bis (Standard) - temporarily blocked on
5321bis/5322bis

Published as RFCs:
- RFC 5955 (Infromational)
- RFC 5965 (Proposed Standard)
- RFC 5987 (Proposed Standard)
- RFC 5995 (Proposed Standard)
- RFC 6008 (Proposed Standard)
- RFC 6019 (Proposed Standard) - replacement for RFC 4049
- RFC 5983 (Experimental)
- RFC 6009 (Proposed Standard)
- RFC 6068 (Proposed Standard)

List of DISCUSSes I am currently holding:

Really Old:
draft-ietf-dhc-dhcpv4-vendor-message-01.txt - also took over Pasi's DISCUSS
draft-ietf-dhc-dhcpv6-vendor-message-01.txt
draft-ietf-mediactrl-ivr-control-package-08.txt
draft-ietf-mediactrl-mixer-control-package-11.txt

Old:
draft-juskevicius-datatracker-wgdocstate-reqts-07.txt
draft-ogud-iana-protocol-maintenance-words-03.txt
draft-ietf-pkix-certimage-10.txt
draft-ietf-avt-forward-shifted-red-06.txt

New or recently updated (last 4 weeks):
draft-ietf-mediactrl-sip-control-framework-12.txt
draft-ietf-sip-session-policy-framework-07.txt
draft-ietf-mext-nemo-pd-06.txt
draft-ietf-fecframe-framework-10.txt

Next IESG telechat (Oct 28th):
draft-ietf-geopriv-held-identity-extensions-05.txt
draft-ietf-netconf-with-defaults-12.txt
draft-ietf-ccamp-lsp-hierarchy-bis-08.txt
draft-ietf-avt-rapid-acquisition-for-rtp-16.txt

Cleared DISCUSSes:
draft-ietf-keyprov-symmetrickeyformat-11.txt
draft-ietf-keyprov-dskpp-14.txt
draft-ietf-keyprov-pskc-09.txt
draft-ietf-enum-enumservices-guide-20.txt
draft-drage-sipping-service-identification-03.txt
draft-gennai-smime-cnipa-pec-06.txt
draft-ietf-mext-flow-binding-06.txt
draft-ietf-sipping-config-framework-18.txt

Other activities/actions:

Done:
- draft-ietf-calsify-rfc2447bis-11 (my own document) - approved for 
publication
- draft-ietf-kitten-digest-to-historic (my own document) - updated, 
waiting for IETF LC
- issued 2nd IETF Last Call for draft-nottingham-http-link-header - some 
IANA related changes in AUTH48
- MIME type review of image/ktx
- HTTPBIS WG rechartered
- APPSAWG WG chartered

Ongoing:
- verified/rejected several errata items (some of them incorrectly)
- agreed to help with "X- prefixes considered harmful" document
(together with Peter)
- lots of discussion on HYBI WG management with HYBI chairs, editors, WG 
Secretary [mostly in August]
- chartering FTPEXT2 and URNBIS WG

My action:
- draft-ietf-sieve-external-lists (my own document) - need to address 
the 2 remaining issues. Thanks to Barry Leiba for helping out with the 
document editing.
- draft-melnikov-imap-postaddress (my own document) - resurrected based 
on some private feedback. Need to revise to address some private 
comments from Arnt Gulbrandsen.
- draft-ietf-sieve-convert (my own document) - need to be updated to 
address comments from Maastricht
- SIP Sieve notify (my own document) - I need to answer to RAI review.
- Volunteered to write an IESG statement on reviewing MIME type 
registrations from other SDOs (with no draft).
- Need to review OAuth document regarding possible reuse of SCRAM
- Need to post 4954bis (SMTP AUTH) in order to start moving it to Draft
Standard

Waiting for others:
- Suggestion to move LMTP to Standard Track (Ned Freed agreed to update
the document, then responded that John Myers is interested to do this
himself. Chris Newman agreed to shepherd it)
- Suggestion to convert MIME BNF to ABNF and publish as a separate
draft (Ned Freed agreed to do this)

WG status:
- DECADE - steady progress on requirements
- EAI - framework document done, discussion about EAI message format, 
SMTP extension and SMTP DSN documents
- HTTPBIS - steady progress - working through issues on 2616bis. WGLC 
for the document describing use of Content-Disposition in HTTP just 
finished.
- HYBI - draft-ietf-hybi-thewebsocketprotocol-03 posted. Discussions on 
the need for versioning (among many other things).
- MARF - some discussions on DKIM reporting extension
- MORG - quiet
- Sieve - some recent discussions on External List document, use of 
vacation autoreplies for notifications (3 documents)
- YAM - suspended, pending resolution to the 3 step/2 step maturity 
ladder discussion