Subject: [apps-discuss] helping our friends in the timezone community

From: Peter Saint-Andre <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Oct 2010 08:49:24 -0600

Dear Apps folks,

You might recall from previous IETF meetings that the "timezone
database" and worldwide timezone community are looking for a new home
because of the planned retirement of the longtime maintainer, Arthur
Olson. It's safe to say that we have all relied on the timezone database
in one way or another for years, probably without even knowing it. Thus
it's important to help the timezone community find the right place to
continue its important work. One option, outlined in a new
Internet-Draft, is for the IANA and IETF to provide that home:

https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-lear-iana-timezone-database/

Feedback and discussion would be helpful among folks in the IETF
applications area, both here on the [email-masked] list and at
the upcoming Beijing meeting.

Note: discussion is also happening on the primary TZ, to which you can
subscribe by sending email to mailto:[email-masked]

Thanks!

Peter

-- 
Peter Saint-Andre
https://stpeter.im/