Subject: [apps-discuss] I-D Action: draft-ietf-appsawg-nullmx-10.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 13 Sep 2014 12:01:49 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Applications Area Working Group Working Group of the IETF.

        Title           : A "Null MX" No Service Resource Record for Domains that Accept No Mail
        Authors         : John Levine
                          Mark Delany
	Filename        : draft-ietf-appsawg-nullmx-10.txt
	Pages           : 8
	Date            : 2014-09-13

Abstract:
   Internet mail determines the address of a receiving server through
   the DNS, first by looking for an MX record and then by looking for an
   A/AAAA record as a fallback.  Unfortunately this means that the A/
   AAAA record is taken to be mail server address even when that address
   does not accept mail.  The no service MX RR, informally called null
   MX, formalizes the existing mechanism by which a domain announces
   that it accepts no mail, without having to provide a mail server,
   which permits significant operational efficiencies.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-appsawg-nullmx/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-appsawg-nullmx-10

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-appsawg-nullmx-10

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/