Subject: [apps-discuss] WGLC on draft-ietf-appsawg-rfc7001bis-05

From: Alexey Melnikov <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 29 Mar 2015 14:43:54 +0100

This message is starting 3 weeks (*) Working Group Last Calls on 
draft-ietf-appsawg-rfc7001bis-05 (Message Header Field for Indicating 
Message Authentication Status). The WGLC ends on
April 19th.

Please send your comments on the document in a reply to this message or 
directly to me. If you read the document and you think the document is 
ready for publication, saying so would also be helpful.

Alexey,
As a co-chair.

(*) - this is to allow people to recover from the Dallas IETF.

---

From: t.petch <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 29 Mar 2015 16:14:33 +0100

I think that this I-D is ready to advance.

It has as complex an IANA Considerations as I can recall,
comprising, depending on how you count, several hundred changes to the
underlying HTML.  I could not readily tell what the new registries would
look like, so I applied the changes, by hand, to the current registries
and have the result in
.mhtml.  The file is 175kbyte (mostly SCRIPT, probably not needed) and I
will post that separately in case others want to peruse it.

Picking my words with care, with so much to do, it is possible that IANA
will find an alternative interpretation to the one on which the WG has
consensus.  I have seen that happen before and seen it fixed, without
having to change the RFC, but cannot recall just how.  It may have been
a
consensus call on the WG List, or even just an e-mail from AD or WG
Chairs; it might be prudent to have the mechanics of this to hand.

And/or might it be prudent to insert a further check, perhaps after
'IANA
OK', to see what IANA are going to come up with prior to AUTH48?

As you may guess, I am a pessimist (but have learnt that the problems
that I anticipate are less likely to be problems:-)

Tom Petch

----- Original Message -----
From: "Alexey Melnikov" <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Sent: Sunday, March 29, 2015 2:43 PM
> _______________________________________________
> apps-discuss mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/apps-discuss

---

From: Alexey Melnikov <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 30 Mar 2015 14:27:16 +0100

Hi Tom,

> On 29 Mar 2015, at 16:14, t.petch <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 

Yes, changes are quite complicated in this case.
> OK', to see what IANA are going to come up with prior to AUTH48?

This would happen anyway, as IANA always ask editors to check changes.