Subject: [APPS-REVIEW] Apps Review of individual submissions in the Area

From: Kurt Zeilenga <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 18 May 2007 11:40:03 -0700

I think it would be wise to not only do reviews "by request" of WGs/ 
authors, but provide
unsolicited reviews to other documents.  As we don't have enough  
reviewers to review
every document under IESG consideration, we could try to cover a  
useful subset.

One useful subset, which I think we have enough reviewers to  
adequately cover, would
be all Apps Area individual submissions.

Comments?

-- Kurt

_______________________________________________
APPS-REVIEW mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/apps-review

---

From: Lisa Dusseault <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 18 May 2007 13:08:58 -0700

I think that would be terrific.  Actually I've gotten some pushback  
about the number of individual drafts I've sponsored -- there are a  
number of arguments against overusing that practice ( gives  
additional advantage to "insider" authors, may be harder to really  
determine consensus, doesn't engage as broad a community that may be  
implementors later...)

However as long as we do sponsor individual submissions, having good  
reviews is always a bonus.

I am currently doing AD review on draft-crispin-collation-unicasemap  
and draft-hartman-webauth-phishing (Informational) as individual  
submissions and would love to get input on those.

thx,
Lisa

---

From: Alexey Melnikov <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 20 May 2007 18:48:02 +0100

> submissions and would love to get input on those.

I volunteer Kurt to review draft-crispin-collation-unicasemap ;-).