Subject: [APPS-REVIEW] draft-saintandre-jabberid

From: "Glenn Parsons" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2007 17:54:42 -0400

Folks,

By belated review of draft-saintandre-jabberid (which is simply a
definition/registration of a jabber ID email header) is as follows
	- since this is 'jabber ID' informational is probably the right
track. However, I don't know if the IESG will frown upon codifying a
jabber ID since the more generic IM ID is mentioned and probably
preferred....I probably would if I was on the IESG ;-) 
	- but because it will be an RFC, it should go in the permanent
list and not the provisional list per the RFC 3864 guidelines 
	- XMPP-URI for the header encoding is I believe a problem, as it
is different from the RFC2047 header encoding. Though one could argue
that is for a different aspect. In that case it still appears to be
different than the EAI work. I think mail clients will be able to decode
one of these and not the XMPP-URI format. 
	- dealing with the multiple from address explanation is not
suitable. Instead the jabber-ID shall be mapped to the sender header
(which is one address) if the from header has more than one address. 

Cheers,
Glenn.

_______________________________________________
APPS-REVIEW mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/apps-review