Subject: [apps-review] Request for review: draft-ietf-speechsc-mrcpv2-24

From: SM <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 29 Mar 2011 03:06:03 -0700

Hi Larry,

Alexey requested a review of draft-ietf-speechsc-mrcpv2-24.  The 
review has been assigned to you and is due by April 13.  If you need 
more time, please contact me.

You can find information about the author and WG in the datatracker ( 
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-speechsc-mrcpv2-24/ 
).  Some previous reviews from the Apps-review Team are accessible at 
http://www.apps.ietf.org/content/apps-review-template

The review should be sent to apps-discuss, the authors, the IESG, the 
WG Chairs and document shepherd, if applicable.

The subject of the email when submitting the review should be 
"apps-team review of
draft-ietf-speechsc-mrcpv2-24".

If I don't receive an acknowledgement from you within two days, I'll 
send you a reminder before reassigning the review.

Best regards,
-sm

---

From: Larry Masinter <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 29 Mar 2011 04:41:05 -0700

https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-speechsc-mrcpv2-24/  => The page you were looking for couldn't be found.
 
although I found the draft fine.

It's a little daunting to review.... enormously long document covering a technical area I'm not familiar with, and version 24 of the document.  I'm willing to give this a go, but I wonder if someone whose done protocol review before would be willing to tag-team with me on the first few reviews.

Larry
--
http://larry.masinter.net

-----Original Message-----
From: SM [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Tuesday, March 29, 2011 3:06 AM
To: Larry Masinter
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: Request for review: draft-ietf-speechsc-mrcpv2-24

Hi Larry,

Best regards,
-sm

---

From: SM <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 29 Mar 2011 05:08:44 -0700

Hi Larry,
At 04:41 29-03-2011, Larry Masinter wrote:
>https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-speechsc-mrcpv2-24/  => 
>The page you were looking for couldn't be found.

Sorry about that, the document is at 
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-speechsc-mrcpv2/

>It's a little daunting to review.... enormously long document 
>covering a technical area I'm not familiar with, and version 24 of 
>the document.  I'm willing to give this a go, but I wonder if 
>someone whose done protocol review before would be willing to 
>tag-team with me on the first few reviews.

We generally look at the Apps Area angle (URI, XML, etc.).  Could 
someone[1] volunteer to tag-team with Larry for a few reviews?

Larry, as you are in Prague, could you encourage someone with the 
appropriate beverage to volunteer? :-)

Thanks,
-sm

1. http://www.apps.ietf.org/content/applications-area-review-team

---

From: Eric Burger <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 29 Mar 2011 22:59:12 +0200

On the one hand, not to scare people, but the document is 221 pages long. On the other hand, the document has been reviewed over the past two (!) years by RAI, TSV, SEC, GEN, and even our very own Ted & Vijay doing an APP review back in 2009, so it is fairly baked.

Of course, as document shepherd I have a biased opinion.

On Mar 29, 2011, at 2:08 PM, SM wrote:

> Sorry about that, the document is at https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-speechsc-mrcpv2/
> 
> We generally look at the Apps Area angle (URI, XML, etc.).  Could someone[1] volunteer to tag-team with Larry for a few reviews?
> 
> Larry, as you are in Prague, could you encourage someone with the appropriate beverage to volunteer? :-)
> 
> Thanks,
> -sm
> 
> _______________________________________________
> apps-review mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/apps-review