Subject: [apps-review] Apps Area review Team status

From: SM <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2011 15:40:44 -0700

Hello,

As Eric Burger is still on the IOAC, he is still marked as on 
leave.  Dave Crocker agreed to take on assignments even though he is 
on the IOAC.  John Klensin will be on leave until IETF82 after 
stepping down from the IAB.  Alexey Melnikov will be on leave for the 
same period after stepping down from the IESG.

Alexey and John are on RSOC.  I leave it to them to determine whether 
they would like to extend their leave.

Best regards,
-sm

---

From: John C Klensin <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2011 00:33:14 -0400

--On Wednesday, March 30, 2011 15:40 -0700 SM
<[email-masked]> wrote:

>...
> Alexey and John are on RSOC.  I leave it to them to determine
> whether they would like to extend their leave.

There has been a lot of theorizing about how much time the RSOC
will take.  I think one fairly safe answer is "less after we get
an RSE selected, hired, and settled in than before that", but
that is not a quantitative answer.   We ill have to see.

    john

---

From: Joe Hildebrand <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2011 07:47:36 +0200

> that is not a quantitative answer.   We ill have to see.

I'm hoping there's also a burst of activity required to deal with RFC
formats.  I'm still trying to wait patiently for "spring" to have that
conversation.

-- 
Joe Hildebrand

---

From: John C Klensin <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2011 08:27:05 -0400

--On Thursday, March 31, 2011 07:47 +0200 Joe Hildebrand
<[email-masked]> wrote:

>> There has been a lot of theorizing about how much time the
>> RSOC will take.  I think one fairly safe answer is "less
>> after we get an RSE selected, hired, and settled in than
>> before that", but that is not a quantitative answer.   We ill
>> have to see.
> 
> I'm hoping there's also a burst of activity required to deal
> with RFC formats.  I'm still trying to wait patiently for
> "spring" to have that conversation.

Olaf is determined to have the [A]RSE do as little as possible
and certainly nothing that will have long-term effects on the
Series. That means he will probably facilitate the various
reporting and other ongoing activities, deal with emergencies
and questions that require immediate answers.    That is not a
secret -- he said as much during Monday's plenary.  It is
unclear whether the RSOC could overrule him on that (probably
not), but I think I'm safe in predicting that it won't try.

"spring" was based on having a permanent RSE appointed well
before the TRSE term expired, i.e., in December or early
January, and then having a couple of months for that person to
settle in.  As you have noticed (or heard Monday night), that
appointment didn't happen and we haven't even started a search
yet.  "Spring" may still be realistic, but probably in the
Southern Hemisphere :-)

   john

---

From: Dave Cridland <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2011 14:21:46 +0100

> Olaf is determined to have the [A]RSE do as little as possible

Acting RFC Series Editor?

Might want to reconsider that acronym.

Dave.
-- 
Dave Cridland - mailto:[email-masked] - xmpp:[email-masked]
  - acap://acap.dave.cridland.net/byowner/user/dwd/bookmarks/
  - http://dave.cridland.net/
Infotrope Polymer - ACAP, IMAP, ESMTP, and Lemonade

---

From: Pete Resnick <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2011 15:29:01 +0200

> Might want to reconsider that acronym.

Olaf has been sporting a brown dot on his badge this week.

pr

-- 
Pete Resnick<http://www.qualcomm.com/~presnick/>
Qualcomm Incorporated - Direct phone: (858)651-4478, Fax: (858)651-1102

---

From: Dave CROCKER <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2011 16:08:04 +0200

> Might want to reconsider that acronym.

Olaf is quite proud of it and chose the dot on his badge to be brown.

However I'm told that he is eager to have the RSE, so that Olaf can become the 
Former Acting RSE.

d/

-- 

   Dave Crocker
   Brandenburg InternetWorking
   bbiw.net

---

From: John C Klensin <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2011 11:38:19 -0400

> Olaf has been sporting a brown dot on his badge this week.

The title was, indeed, chosen with due consideration.

    john