Subject: [apps-review] Directorate

From: SM <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 23 Sep 2011 15:32:41 -0700

Hello,

Most IETF areas have a directorate.  In the Applications Area, there 
are the LDAP and XML Directorates.  The only two review teams are 
Gen-ART and this team.  I welcome your advice on whether it would be 
better if the review team is turned into a directorate.  The 
advantages I can think of are:

  - It helps in your day job.

  - It may influence more reviewers to join the team.

  - I can ask you to do more early reviews. :-)

I have not asked Apps ADs what they think about the idea.

Best regards,
-sm

---

From: Barry Leiba <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 23 Sep 2011 23:09:39 -0400

> Most IETF areas have a directorate.  In the Applications Area, there are the
> LDAP and XML Directorates.  The only two review teams are Gen-ART and this
> team.  I welcome your advice on whether it would be better if the review
> team is turned into a directorate.

I see no reason not to formally change it to a directorate.  Sounds good to me.

Barry

---

From: "Martin J. Dürst" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 24 Sep 2011 16:15:34 +0900

I don't think this will help me in my day job, but looking at 
http://www.ietf.org/iesg/directorate/, it seems to fit what we are doing 
well, and the Gen-ART Review Team is already listed, so it seems to make 
a lot of sense even just for streamlining.

Regards,    Martin.

On 2011/09/24 7:32, SM wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Most IETF areas have a directorate. In the Applications Area, there are
> the LDAP and XML Directorates. The only two review teams are Gen-ART and
> this team. I welcome your advice on whether it would be better if the
> review team is turned into a directorate. The advantages I can think of
> are:
>
> _______________________________________________
> apps-review mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/apps-review
>

---

From: Alexey Melnikov <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 24 Sep 2011 15:06:38 +0100

> I have not asked Apps ADs what they think about the idea.

Are we going to get cool T-shirt and can we get expensive dinners covered?

---

From: Eliot Lear <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 24 Sep 2011 16:18:22 +0200

Either review team or directorate is fine with me.

---

From: SM <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 24 Sep 2011 08:25:39 -0700

Hi Alexey,
>Are we going to get cool T-shirt and can we get expensive dinners covered?

You already get a cool T-shirt by attending a meeting.  As for 
expensive dinners, there is probably someone out there who would be 
more than happy to invite you if you are an AD.  An AD's undivided 
attention does not come cheap these days. :-)

Best regards,
-sm

---

From: Claudio Allocchio <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 24 Sep 2011 23:17:16 +0200 (CEST)

> Are we going to get cool T-shirt and can we get expensive dinners covered?

...no ... somebody will just have more reason to tell that we are OLD with 
white long beards !  :-)))  and they will say that we do not understand 
social networks, too ;-)

besides jokes... well it will not help in my daily work, but it sems a 
probably correct formal definition for what we do !

... but t-shirts and dinners are always welcome!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Claudio Allocchio             G   A   R   R          [email-masked]
                         Senior Technical Officer
tel: +39 040 3758523      Italian Academic and       G=Claudio; S=Allocchio;
fax: +39 040 3758565        Research Network         P=garr; A=garr; C=it;

            PGP Key: http://www.cert.garr.it/PGP/keys.php3#ca